New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

The official Favorite song Thread

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bassplayrr

bassplayrr will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video

No specific songs, just bands like Muse, The Streets, Sublime, Flogging Molly, and the Beastie Boys.

-Chris
QUOTE Thanks
iLEFTOVERCRACK

iLEFTOVERCRACK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb

ahhh i like this thread....

curenntly im listening to------tsunami bomb------
but my all time favorite band is------cocksparrer------

QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

It would actually be tougher to list more than one of my favorite songs... so many....

But my all time single favorite... Easy.... No contest:

U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

My favorite at the moment:

"Salome"
Old 97's
Too Far To Care

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Lets add another.

Cisco Kid

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
TOYOTA

TOYOTA will become famous soon enough

Wow - so hard to name only one, nearly impossible.

Every Breath You Take - The Police
The Bealtes [every song = amazing]
U2
In the Meantime - Spacehog

would be among the top.

Richard
iPhone
Powerbook 15
Powerbook 17
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I agree the beatles are awesome! U2 also very good band.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTA
Wow - so hard to name only one, nearly impossible.

Every Breath You Take - The Police
The Bealtes [every song = amazing]
U2
In the Meantime - Spacehog

would be among the top.

Ah.... I forgot about the Police.... 'Message in a Bottle'

Awesome song... Actually I liked John Mayers accoustic version of it as much if not more.

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks
Kokopelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
No specific songs, just bands like Muse, The Streets, Sublime, Flogging Molly, and the Beastie Boys.

-Chris
Dude, Flogging Molly rules. Good list (meh on the Beaty Boys, but I agree with the rest.) Ever listen to Firewater?

I can't come up with a favorite song though, it really depends. What mood am I in, who am I with, what am I doing.

Here are some that stick out though, the funny thing is I would not say any are my "Favorite":
"Seems I'm Never Tired of Lovin' You" Nina Simone, who was incredibly charismatic live. It truly defies explanation.
"Screaming Infidelities" Dashboard Confessional (Not really sure why but I do like this song)
"Is She Weird" The Pixies
"Burboun and Division" Firewater
"Heavy Scene" Meg Lee Chin
"Baby - Terror Baby" Psychopomps
"Obituary" The Vanishing
"Alice" Tom Waits
"Untouchable Face" Ani DiFranco
"If I Ever Leave This World Alive" Flogging Molly
QUOTE Thanks
Ey3 D

Rap:OutKast(one of the best), Missy Elliot, Eminem, Ludacris, Black Eyed Peas, Busta Rhymes...
Rock/Alternative: Green Day, U2...
Favorite song right now would have to be....that new Missy Elliot song..."Lose Control" or whatever.
QUOTE Thanks
TOYOTA

TOYOTA will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ey3 D
new Missy Elliot song..."Lose Control" or whatever.
Truth, good song indeed, it's just not on the same scale as the Beatles, U2, etc. Music today can't even compare to bands like the Beatles. There will never be bands like them anymore. Bands come and go today like people crossing the border in Texas, it's ridiculous. It's just on a different level.

Richard
iPhone
Powerbook 15
Powerbook 17
QUOTE Thanks
zap2

"all we are saying is give peace a chance" and ''instant karma'' and "imagine''

by Mr.John Lennon
QUOTE Thanks
Ey3 D

Yeah, new music today will never beat classics, but when they sample it, it is great, to mix the new and old.
QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTA
Bands come and go today like people crossing the border in Texas, it's ridiculous. It's just on a different level.
I don't think I could have said it any better.

QUOTE Thanks
Tel

I think you people are looking in the wrong places for new music. Obviously theres not going to be huge rock bands like there was in the 70's, why? Because this isn't the 70's.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best Of YouTube | That poor macbook... »