Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Specs:
    Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 240 GB SSD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.10.x
    First time ever at an Apple store
    Greetings to everyone here from my Mac Mini, still nicely chugging away since I bought it last December (it's been a little while since I posted here, though).

A new outdoor mall opened up nearby where I live (Metro Detroit), and I finally got a chance to go there. I ate lunch with my family, and then we visited the Apple Store. Quite a fun place to hang out! It was pretty crowded with people, everybody having fun playing around with Apple's snazzy high-tech offerings (by the looks of it, it seemed like they were doing good business). Apparently one of my nieces is going to get an iPad for her birthday -- boy you should see their faces light up when they get their hands on one of those devices. It's great to see how thrilled they become, because it takes me all the way back to the day when my brother brought home our new Apple //e.

Funny how a machine or a gadget can stir up such emotions. But I love it!

Peace.

Specs:
    iMac, and Macbook Pro
    I know just what you mean! I'm lucky to live in a city with three Apple Stores. But even so, I consider visiting an Apple Store to be a special experience. The moment I step through the door I'm taken with the atmosphere of excitement. There are always lots of people. The chatter seems happy and I see lots of smiling faces. Apple Stores are really great places.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Our local Apple Store is located around the corner from the Verizon store and just down the street from the AT&T store. Actually it's a town center like shopping area. But I thought that was a rather unusual coincidence being they were all in the same general area.

Regards.

Specs:
    MB061LL/B & iPhone4
    my 6yr old and myself really enjoy going to the Apple store --my wife does too (the Lego store is around the corner, we visit that first), then off to the Apple store where he sits in the kids area playing -often simultaneously- with a Apple pc and a iPod Touch while i do my thing... play with the "toys" and browse around... it's always a good time :}
    ~rb
    iPhone 4 /16GB MacBook3,1 iPad my blog

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpathiaMan View Post
    A new outdoor mall opened up nearby where I live (Metro Detroit), and I finally got a chance to go there.
    Too bad you had to wait so long to visit your first Apple Store...or too bad it took Apple so long to open a store near you!

Visiting the Apple Store is always fun...and the stores I've been to, always seem to be busy...especially weekends!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    I've only been to two of the three stores in my area. I guess I've been delinquent!

Specs:
    21.5" iMac, 3.06 c2d, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpathiaMan View Post
    A new outdoor mall opened up nearby where I live (Metro Detroit), and I finally got a chance to go there.
    You must be talking about Partridge Creek. Actually there are 4 Apple stores in the Metro Detroit area. I've been to 3 of them (Partridge Creek, Twelve Oaks and Briarwood where I bought my iMac). Yes, it's a pleasure to visit any of them.
    Larry

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Very cool.
    I still remember my first Apple Store visit. *sigh*
    We have about 4 within a 25 mile radius of my house. Been to 2 of them. My wife works 5 doors down from one in an office above a shopping area.
    Whenever we go on vacation, we usually end up doing some window shopping in various malls or outdoor shopping centers and I always go in their Apple Store if they have one.
    Better than Disneyland in my book! (sometimes cheaper, too! haha)
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    Too bad you had to wait so long to visit your first Apple Store...or too bad it took Apple so long to open a store near you!
    Heh. Yeah, to be honest, hanging out at the mall is something I just don't do too much anymore, so there was no rush to see what this new place was like. Like many people, I do a lot of shopping online, and the same goes for my Mac Mini -- I ordered it directly from Apple. Of course, it's nice to know that the store is there, in case I need technical consultation or advice (or even service).

But I told my niece, yeah, if you get that iPad, I probably will be a little envious. Another thing I have to contend with is their ever-increasing technical aptitude -- they're turning into whizzes! Makes me feel like I have to compete and stay one step ahead ... but hey, it's good for their self-esteem.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    You must be talking about Partridge Creek.
    Bingo! And everywhere you looked, there were dogs walking their owners (it's a dog-friendly place).

Always nice to talk to a fellow Michigander!

Specs:
    27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5
    Went to my first Apple store in March while on vacation in Hawaii. The store was virtually empty, which was good for me as we had lots of attention. It was then that I gave a little consideration to buying an iMac. After we came home I took my son and grand daughter to Vegas to see the Love show and stopped in at the Forums and saw another Apple store...the desire grows. The clincher was a trip to the Fashion Mall down the street from the Mirage. I went to the store in Portland a month later and have been pretty happy since. They just opened a store in Tacoma so my commute will be much shorter now. I still have a lot to learn but haven't made any unrecoverable mistakes yet.

Specs:
    Iphone 3GS 16GB Ipad 16GB
    "Funny how a machine or a gadget can stir up such emotions. But I love it!"

So true I am 23 and act like I am 7 when I get a new gadget!!

Specs:
    2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
    Quote Originally Posted by SleeperSS View Post
    The store was virtually empty, which was good for me as we had lots of attention.
    You were pretty luck to experience that. The Apple store in my area is the only one in my whole county so it can get pretty busy at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha_luver View Post
    I know what you are talking about. When we grow up and realize that we can buy our own toys...I mean adult gadgets well....it's one of the best feelings in the world.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha_luver View Post
    "Funny how a machine or a gadget can stir up such emotions. But I love it!"

We must forever nurture the child inside ... (with electronics, of course!).

I love Apple stores. Just went to one tonight and could not believe how packed it was! I love the layout of the products and how you don't have to wait in line to buy something. :-)

Thread Information