New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Karate Kid Remake

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

Just got back from watching the Karate Kid Remake, and I have to say it was pretty good... I am a bige fan of the original and this one did it justice, 30 million dollars, special effects and Wil Smith baking a movie is a good combo LOL
QUOTE Thanks
roeiboot

roeiboot will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB061LL/B & iPhone4

my 6yr old wants to go see it, likely tonite... we'll see (not a big fan or modern day remakes..)

~rb
iPhone 4 /16GB MacBook3,1 iPad my blog
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

Im a sucker for Underdog comeback movies... I dont think this is a remake it really has a totally different story, but same formula
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

THis looks really interesting. As I thought Will's kid did a really good job in Pursuit of Happyness. And I also like am a big fan of Jackie Chan. And I liked the original too. Pat Morita was really good as the old wise teacher. The kid in the original was not so good in my opinion though.

So I think I'll go out and watch it. And that is something cause I watch of average 1-2 movies at the cinema each year.
QUOTE Thanks
iKitten

iKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
THis looks really interesting. As I thought Will's kid did a really good job in Pursuit of Happyness. And I also like am a big fan of Jackie Chan. And I liked the original too. Pat Morita was really good as the old wise teacher. The kid in the original was not so good in my opinion though.

I agree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
Girls with macs are so cute.
"Suffer the little children..." compassion.com
QUOTE Thanks
gagnerants

gagnerants is a jewel in the roughgagnerants is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKitten View Post
I agree!!
I second this, notion passed.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I have been waiting for the new Karate Kid movie for a while. Glad it's finally out.

Thanks MacJuicy for the heads up. I need to go see it ASAP!
QUOTE Thanks
roeiboot

roeiboot will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB061LL/B & iPhone4

i was pleasantly surprised by it.... well done.

~rb
iPhone 4 /16GB MacBook3,1 iPad my blog
QUOTE Thanks
Mirika

Mirika is on a distinguished road

Cant wait to see this movie. Ive heard great things about it and love that its not really a remake.
Our entire family are karate kid fans, right down to my 4yr old lol.
Its out in Aussie next month so still hanging out to see it.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Well I wasn't sure about this at all (btw, I hated Macchio in the original too, I just wanted to see him get battered!), but now that it's got good responses I may make the effort when it arrives in the UK.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I don't think I would care to see the remake even if it is good. I saw the original when I was young and that will always be the real Karate Kid. I see it now and it looks totally hokey, but I still have the childhood memory of it being the best thing ever.

Speaking of Ralph Macchio, this is a pretty funny video.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I need advice on netbook purchase. | An homage to the iPad »