New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Cant afford the iPad ?? How about China's new iPed ???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Have ago at Chinas iPed ...... looks similar LMAO

CBNNEWS- Chinas iPed
New.com.au-Worlds 1st iPad look alike goes on sale

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Well yeah, of course it looks similar. All of these devices are made in either the same factories, or darned near each other. They're probably swimming with like, similar or the same hardware in each of them. I don't think Apple has a problem with this knock off per say... Due to the fact that there are many differences between the final products as well as the fact that they cater to different audiences.

For one, the iPed has a plastic body, not aluminum. It also has a slower Intel processor, which likely is better I guess, since there's no aluminum to draw the heat away from the logic board etc..

However, if Google can get the Android OS to perform admirably on a slower processor, then that point is moot. It also has advantages (obviously) over the iPad in that it has an USB port and can recognize mass storage devices etc.. Running Android also provides freedom to the user, which you'll never see on an iPad.

But another 'however', is that everything sort of boils down to how useful the apps are ! These devices lifespans and popularity hinges on how well put together the apps are, as well as how they are presented or updated in the app store they reside in.

The iPed's UI may be a bit more sluggish, but if you put these things head to head with all things being equal in terms of apps and the app stores, then the iPed would almost certainly be the better device. The only other things to take into consideration are battery life, and customer service. And that last bit is where the iPed will undoubtedly fail. Plus... does the iPed offer 3g ? For the price though, I'd almost be willing to try it out.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
applebigtree

applebigtree is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro

Although the price of ipad is a little expensive, I'd love to iPad, iped? sorry, I think i would not to try it....
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

I watched some videos of the iPed, honestly, I wouldn't waste my money on it. My wifes Droid operates more smoothly and is overall more snappy then that iPed is from the videos I've seen. When even scrolling apps is not responsive - let alone launching and using an app - it's a design that needs to go back to the drawing board.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

I thought we already had iPad knockoffs called the HP Slate and some others I don't remember the names of.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

For me I can't afford the ipad now. But the next best option is nothing. Yes nothing is better then an ipad-rip off.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Yea im with you 8thark .... Would rather NOTHING than a rip off ...

Its not even worth looking at

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

It must be so cheap for a reason

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Jerichoa

Jerichoa will become famous soon enough

The iPed? I was expecting a stuffed foot with an LED display on it, or something like the Ped Egg with a display. You can soften your feet (Ped) AND surf the internet (i) at the same time--WITH THE SAME DEVICE! Innovative? Darn right.
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

looks like a piece of iCrap to me.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

iPed? Sounds like Apple trying to break into the cycling market.
You have admire the cheek of this, but no way would I ever buy one.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
BeefyBeefo

BeefyBeefo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 13", 2.4GHz, 4GB, GT 320M

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoDorSean
looks like a piece of iCrap to me.
LMAO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
iPed? Sounds like Apple trying to break into the cycling market.
Is iPad really that much better of a name??
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post
LMAO!!!

Is iPad really that much better of a name??
Nope, of course not. But's it's Apple. Everything has an "i" now.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
MichaelBamford

MichaelBamford is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13'', 320GB, 2.26GHZ, 2GB

Gotta love these cheap knock-off's. Some poor kid will wake up on christmas morning thinking he has an 'iPad' haha
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Nintendo 3Ds. What do you think of it? | First time ever at an Apple store »