New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Any Red Dead Redemption Fans


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
macjuicy23

 
macjuicy23's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 31, 2007
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 987
macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

macjuicy23 is offline
I have to say, I have always been a fan of the Old West, this game is really great. Im glad they took long to make it look good. GREAT JOB ROCK STAR GAMES!

Anyone else playing?
QUOTE Thanks
clonehappy

 
clonehappy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 07, 2010
Posts: 52
clonehappy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac: 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4GB Memory | 1TB HD | ATI Radeon 4670 256MB | iPhone (1st gen)

clonehappy is offline
I absolutely LOVE this game. Blows GTA Vice City out of the water and that was by far my favorite of theirs for a long time Though I'm using the cheats so I can't save xD I plan to play it a bit more in a bit I wanna get that real fast black horse (love Fresians and whatnot). So YES I'm playing it

 - if this is not an Apple icon, you are missing out, and it looks delicious
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

 
macjuicy23's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 31, 2007
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 987
macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

macjuicy23 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
I absolutely LOVE this game. Blows GTA Vice City out of the water and that was by far my favorite of theirs for a long time Though I'm using the cheats so I can't save xD I plan to play it a bit more in a bit I wanna get that real fast black horse (love Fresians and whatnot). So YES I'm playing it
I havent used any cheats yet, i usually like playing the game legit until end then i usually use them lol, WOW I havent seen the fast black horse yet.

See you online Bukarooo LOL
QUOTE Thanks
Hockey13Playa

 
Hockey13Playa's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 27, 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 46
Hockey13Playa is on a distinguished road

Hockey13Playa is offline
Bought it the day it came out, this game is amazing. I never played Red Dead Revolver (the first one) Not sure if it has any relation to the story.

But anyways everything about this game rocks, Rockstar is amazing. I am playing single player without cheating as well, and its sweet so far, I think I am like almost 40% done with the mail game (according to the stats in the pause menu). THere is so much side stuff you can do to keep busy. THis game is definetly 20-30 hours. 5 stars from me!
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

 
macjuicy23's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 31, 2007
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 987
macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

macjuicy23 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
Bought it the day it came out, this game is amazing. I never played Red Dead Revolver (the first one) Not sure if it has any relation to the story.

But anyways everything about this game rocks, Rockstar is amazing. I am playing single player without cheating as well, and its sweet so far, I think I am like almost 40% done with the mail game (according to the stats in the pause menu). THere is so much side stuff you can do to keep busy. THis game is definetly 20-30 hours. 5 stars from me!
You think your done... but its a long game... and yes in revolver he ran with the gang hes now hunting... i wanna play the online I hear its fun but alot of cheaters lol
QUOTE Thanks
Hockey13Playa

 
Hockey13Playa's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 27, 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 46
Hockey13Playa is on a distinguished road

Hockey13Playa is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjuicy23 View Post
You think your done... but its a long game... and yes in revolver he ran with the gang hes now hunting... i wanna play the online I hear its fun but alot of cheaters lol
Yeah there is so much to do, from all the side quests to gathering everything to unlock every suit to taking out enemy gangs, etc. etc. etc. Yeah the online seems cool, I usually do that after I beat a game, but if there are a lot of cheaters count me out! I'm not down with that, takes the fun outta things.
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

 
macjuicy23's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 31, 2007
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 987
macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

macjuicy23 is offline
One problem i do have with this game is I dont think they should have added todays swear words to the game, all it does is take away the authentic of the game..
Dont get me wrong I swear like a trucker sometimes, but having the cowboys in the game using todays curse words... is dumb.... and for the record i spent a while looking up if they used those words in the old west and I couldent find anything close. LOL sorry for being picky lol
QUOTE Thanks
Hockey13Playa

 
Hockey13Playa's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 27, 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 46
Hockey13Playa is on a distinguished road

Hockey13Playa is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjuicy23 View Post
One problem i do have with this game is I dont think they should have added todays swear words to the game, all it does is take away the authentic of the game..
Dont get me wrong I swear like a trucker sometimes, but having the cowboys in the game using todays curse words... is dumb.... and for the record i spent a while looking up if they used those words in the old west and I couldent find anything close. LOL sorry for being picky lol
Paying $59.99 for a game you can be picky lol. I get what you mean tho, there are a few minor little nit picky things that I've come across too that bug me. I cannot name them off the top of my head at the moment tho, my brains shot from all the math and what not I've been doing today. ( I am a mechanical engineer for those curious) lol
QUOTE Thanks
MacKeeper

 
Member Since: Apr 16, 2010
Location: Kyiv,Ukraine
Posts: 58
MacKeeper is on a distinguished road

MacKeeper is offline
Picking it up around next week. I'm surprised to find nearly 0 bad comments about it, the critics seem to love it as well. Not a huge fan of the genre but I have an open mind and am willing to give it a try.
QUOTE Thanks
Hockey13Playa

 
Hockey13Playa's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 27, 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 46
Hockey13Playa is on a distinguished road

Hockey13Playa is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKeeper View Post
Picking it up around next week. I'm surprised to find nearly 0 bad comments about it, the critics seem to love it as well. Not a huge fan of the genre but I have an open mind and am willing to give it a try.
I am not a huge wild western movie fan or fan of the wild west really that much at all. But when I saw the videos and images and previews for this game, it changed my outlook a little bit. The game is outstanding. I believe most gaming sites gave it a 9.5/10 or higher, which is phenominal.
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

 
macjuicy23's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 31, 2007
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 987
macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

macjuicy23 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
I am not a huge wild western movie fan or fan of the wild west really that much at all. But when I saw the videos and images and previews for this game, it changed my outlook a little bit. The game is outstanding. I believe most gaming sites gave it a 9.5/10 or higher, which is phenominal.
The closest i have ever been to the Old West is the grand Canyon, but the realism of the game is awesome... example your riding thru a plain then all of a sudden to your right you see cattle rustlers, a lynch mob ready to hang some guy caravans of settlers getting robbed... there is so much to do and its just so much fun to play... I have been playing since the release and I dont see an end in site thats how much content it has...And i still havent tried online yet
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Ccna | Shameless self promotion - new album from my band »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Dead pixel, need advice please greyhound rick Switcher Hangout 3 03-15-2010 10:35 PM
the fans are driving me crazy gnarfle Apple Notebooks 2 01-10-2010 05:17 AM
What are some of your favorite song lyrics? D3v1L80Y Schweb's Lounge 69 08-26-2009 03:34 AM
Apple 20'' dead pixels deadpixel Other Hardware and Peripherals 8 07-16-2005 12:04 PM
Cinema HD Display Dead Pixels ApplejustWorks Other Hardware and Peripherals 7 03-07-2005 12:42 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?