New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Are Google going too far?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Gindara

Gindara is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodmacfan View Post
Apple - Mac OS X
Google - Chromium OS
Many users use Mac OSX, Ubuntu, Linux, Windows and Why will they move to a new OS where no program work.

Quote:
Apple - iPhone
Google - Nexus One (and other Android phones)
Nexus One will get famous only if they low there price. Nexus one don't have all features as an iPhone.

Quote:
Apple - iPad
Google - Upcoming Android tablet (probably going to be made with their best friends, Nvidia, Adobe, HTC and the like), plus other Android tablets
I think Android tablet will get famous that iPad becuase of there best friends, Nvidia, Adobe, HTC ect. Kill your self, Google. (So Google is a guy?)

Quote:
Apple - Apple TV
Google - Google TV
//ok ok

Quote:
Apple - iTunes
Google - Upcoming Web-Based iTunes competitor
*sniffs* I dont even. *sniffs*

Quote:
What next...a Google MP3 player to compete in the iPod Nano's market?
They are going to kill there self.
QUOTE Thanks
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis is a jewel in the roughSgt Beavis is a jewel in the rough

I think it is awesome that Google is pushing hard against Apple.

Maybe Jobs will be a little more motivated to stop his censorship of the app store.

Not to mention do something to make AppleTV worth our money. It was interesting when it came out but it is nothing more than a joke right now. GoogleTV actually looks pretty exciting. I think they've set the bar for that type of product..
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gindara View Post
Nexus One will get famous only if they low there price. Nexus one don't have all features as an iPhone.
Who are you kidding?? I agree the Nexus is expensive, But as for features and shear hardware it blows the iPhone away, Larger screen (Yes size matters) faster microprocessor,higher res camera,wireless tethering,open source OS, The Android market has the same redundant Fart and flash light apps as the Apple AppStore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
I think it is awesome that Google is pushing hard against Apple.

Maybe Jobs will be a little more motivated to stop his censorship of the app store.
Agreed unlike PC makers and other smartphone makers Google is a force to be reckon with. They like Apple are starting to gain a cult like following, So far the products they put out are useful I for one use Google voice everyday it's the best. There Android OS is a great alternative to the iPhone.

The best part it keeps Apple on their toes, If there wasn't someone there to keep Apple motivated....Well look what happened to Nokia.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

One question.

With the myriad of legal eagles Apple employs, do you really think ipodmacfan legal action would not have been instituted if copyright and patent laws were infringed?

It is called competition and it is a GREAT thing!
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

Competition is a good thing. Unfortunately, Chrome OS (Chromium is one of the open source ports) is a pile of crapola. Your "OS" is Chrome browser and it leads you to google docs and other web apps. Which I guess is a cool concept for some people, but I do production. An OS that operates almost entirely in the cloud other than some background scripts that make things run just doesn't appeal to me at all. I need the power of my computer. Maybe for netbooks... so no, Google's Chrome OS isn't a direct competition to Apple. It's meant more for the netbook market if not as an experiment at this point.

Android on TV is a good thing. It'll be nice and maybe force Apple to step up its game in that market.

Android tablets aren't a google invention. They're a natural successor to Android smart phones. Get over it.

So... yes, Google is competing. They're not targeting Apple specifically. They're investing in new growing markets. Apple has a good track record of picking the correct markets to compete in and launch new products in said markets earlier than others. Google is just playing the new games that have developed as a result of pioneers like Apple. It happens.
QUOTE Thanks
Gindara

Gindara is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargsbeer View Post
Who are you kidding?? I agree the Nexus is expensive, But as for features and shear hardware it blows the iPhone away, Larger screen (Yes size matters) faster microprocessor,higher res camera,wireless tethering,open source OS, The Android market has the same redundant Fart and flash light apps as the Apple AppStore.
You pwn me Unfair!
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestRitual View Post
Android tablets aren't a google invention. They're a natural successor to Android smart phones. Get over it.
I think the main reason the iPad and soon to come Android tablets can and will be very successful is that they are a touch based OS. I think a lot of people forget PC manufacturers have been making tablets for years with windows OS,None of them have ever taken off. Google brings something to the table I use both Google & Apple products everyday.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

I'm all for healthy and aggressive marketplace competition. Kudos to that. I'm not a big Google fan, and am less enamored with Apple each week lately it seems. Still, both are very ambitious companies that put out genuinely decent products from time to time. Seeing them try to raise the bar and deliver good content is a positive thing. I just hope we all remain vigilant and don't let things get to crazy ie: turning everything over to either or both companies is a little too 1984for my liking. I certainly don't like techno-freaks canvasing neighborhoods with video cameras and WiFi sniffers collecting data on me or anyone else. It will be interesting to see if they eventually say "OK, we have all our photos, we're done." or if the bi-yearly Google surveillance van drive by becomes just another normal and accepted part of life... Much like the H-Bomb, it's hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube after you let it out.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« " Can I borrow your iPod....again ?" | So I'm traveling to China »