New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Well here i am. In my home in Thailand under curfew and Marshal law!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bahja

Bahja can only hope to improve

All the crap those complete bloody idiot red shirts have caused has come to my town. I live 100 miles south of Bangkok and tonight we have to stay indoors from 9pm till 6a

The Bloody arseholes with no brain have now destroyed a once friendly amazing country for ever!!!!

ARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

A new MacBook Pro user as of oct 09 and loving it!! Sorry for the stupid questions i am asking as i know you will have been asked them a million times before
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Sorry to here that seems like freedoms in all countries are getting harder to come by they are all trying to play GOD but don't seem to acknowledge that the position was filled since the beginning of time.
QUOTE Thanks
Bahja

Here is what the red shirts have been doing yet the BBC, CNN etc NEVER show you!!!!

YouTube - A_child_used_as_a_human_shield_by_Red_Shirts_at_Bo nKai__live_bullet_zone.mp4

A new MacBook Pro user as of oct 09 and loving it!! Sorry for the stupid questions i am asking as i know you will have been asked them a million times before
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

To sad for words.
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

I feel so bad for you man. It was 9:30 last night and me and a roommate head about 1/8 of a mile to the local grocery store because we had the munchies and wanted to get chips ahoy, peanut butter oreos, and milk. It would have really sucked being stuck at the house without being able to leave or even go outside.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

You're right, I'm sure that the opposition had no valid points against the main government and it was all their fault. That's how they rallied support, right? By being full of crap?

Please. You should be more upset with your home country's founding principles that let it get into such a state of disarray.

I'm not pointing fingers as to which side was right, but there are two sides to every story. You just sound like an angry 13 year old who has to stay in and miss a concert.
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxx View Post
Sorry to here that seems like freedoms in all countries are getting harder to come by they are all trying to play GOD but don't seem to acknowledge that the position was filled since the beginning of time.
Since the big bang, anyway. God is B-mesons and other biases that make it harder for matter to turn back to anti-matter.
QUOTE Thanks
Bahja

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestRitual View Post
You're right, I'm sure that the opposition had no valid points against the main government and it was all their fault. That's how they rallied support, right? By being full of crap?

Please. You should be more upset with your home country's founding principles that let it get into such a state of disarray.

I'm not pointing fingers as to which side was right, but there are two sides to every story. You just sound like an angry 13 year old who has to stay in and miss a concert.
If only it was that simple

QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

That's true, I'm not saying the situation doesn't completely suck. But you are looking at only one side of the issue by completely blaming protestors.
QUOTE Thanks
Bahja

Quote:
That's true, I'm not saying the situation doesn't completely suck. But you are looking at only one side of the issue by completely blaming protestors.
Itís a long and difficult situation and too long to type now.

But please, do NOT believe CNN or the BBC or FOX etc, the stories they are giving you are so far from the truth itís laughable.

Basically itís one mans lust for power THAKSIN!! And the way he has manipulated the poor and uneducated by giving them money and buying voted while stealing off them.

EVERY red protester is on 1000-5000 Baht a Day being paid by Thaksin, 1000 baht is roughly £20/$34. The average monthly wage for a Thai is 4-5000 baht a month!!!

QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

Oh, I know that I get my media through Western filtered sources that are full of bias. I never believe anything I read without coming to my own conclusion after reading all sides. I know that things get terrible. But I'm also wary of believing the story of one person who lives in the area. A nice random sampling of stories works for me. Yours is one opinion to be counted among many in how I feel. But yea, the red shirts might be bad people, but there were enough people to follow them to create this noise. If the ruling party was taking care of business well enough, then the red shirts wouldn't have had the power to buy people.
QUOTE Thanks
mostro

mostro will become famous soon enough

I don't know very much about the politics behind the fighting in Thailand, but it looks horrible and I hope peace can be restored soon!

Thank you for sharing your story, Bahja.
QUOTE Thanks
Bahja

Quote:
Oh, I know that I get my media through Western filtered sources that are full of bias. I never believe anything I read without coming to my own conclusion after reading all sides. I know that things get terrible. But I'm also wary of believing the story of one person who lives in the area. A nice random sampling of stories works for me. Yours is one opinion to be counted among many in how I feel. But yea, the red shirts might be bad people, but there were enough people to follow them to create this noise. If the ruling party was taking care of business well enough, then the red shirts wouldn't have had the power to buy people.
See mate, this is it. Itís a long story and no where near that simple. There are other factors too but i canít mention them online!!!

QUOTE Thanks
Bahja

Just been told that the curfew is on until Saturday night!!!!!!!

It's my missus birthday on Sunday and i am supposed to be going to Cambodia at 6am tomorrow morning to get a new visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE Thanks
Bahja

What would your government do about this?

This is going to be a long note, but I want my overseas friends to understand what has been happening here in Thailand.

I would like to present a case against the international media’s reporting on the situation in Thailand, particularly Bangkok.

Most of you will likely will be seeing only scenes of soldiers shooting or injured people being carried away on international TV channels for 30 seconds, but never get to know the background.

What if these protesters were in New York, Singapore, Tokyo or London?

The truth is, the Thai government has been too accommodating by withholding the use of force since the rally started two months ago (with the exception of the April 10 event, when the soldiers were ordered to move in without live ammunition and subsequently got slaughtered by unknown gunmen shooting from among the red shirt protesters).

The majority of us support the government in dealing with the terrorists hidden amongst the protesters. It held talks with the rally leaders and offered peace solutions to them 10 days ago.

The prime minister publicly urged the protesters to disperse for fear of violence created by the terrorists. But the plan wasn’t accepted.

So, it came time to block food and water supplies from entering the centre of the protest.

If the demonstrators were peaceful, they wouldn’t rush out to throw rocks, firecrackers and even bombs at the soldiers’ barricades — thus causing the soldiers to defend themselves by firing rubber bullets and live rounds.

It has been very frustrating for the law abiding citizens of Bangkok — we even voiced our dissatisfaction at the government for its failure to uphold the laws.

The situation was like Bangkok was being held for ransom. A lot of businesses got affected because it’s happening right in the middle of the major commercial area.

Again, think what your government would do if there were a large group of protesters blocking all traffic at Orchard Road in Singapore; Times Square in New York City; Ginza in Tokyo; or Knightsbridge in London. For two months.

They set up barricades to search through personal belongings of everyone travelling through the area.

Also think what your government would do if those protesters invaded a nearby hospital, causing doctors and nurses to evacuate patients — some of whom were newborn babies in incubators and those in ICU—to other hospitals.

And most important of all, think what would your government do if the protesters were found to have a large stockpile of M79 grenades, M16 and AK47 assault rifles.

Do you think your government would be as tolerant as the Thai government has till now been?

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What do you think about Michael Moore movies? | What Apple products have you owned? »