New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

What am I to do?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

p3ezi(moto)

p3ezi(moto) will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

my wife is setting next to me on her Dell computer. She is so angry right now because she has a virus. I have been telling her for months not to click on anything that pops up and magically tonight she opens IE and boom her system crashes. I don't even feel like arguing with her over a dumb Dell. any suggestions

GS3 - Nexus 7 - 13in Macbook
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Dont argue with her. Just go and get her another MB then she will love you forever ...

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Getting her a mac would be nice, but in the meantime get her to download Firefox or Chrome and block pop-ups

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

I had a Dell years back.... I'm still getting over it
Just show her love and understanding, and listen, without doing what us men try to do, which is to give advice. If you are married, you should know by now that our listening skills are needed at a time like this..... I'm single, but I remember this to be very important!
Agreed with TattooedMac and Louishen on this one, and if you can afford it, a Mac would be a great gift
QUOTE Thanks
Mac23

Mac23 is on a distinguished road

Ugh.. Dell Laptops.. I swear, We've had 3 Dell Inspiron Laptops in our family and all 3 crapped out before a year.

Got myself a MacBook and it's been going like new since 2007. This thing honestly has paid for itself.
QUOTE Thanks
DaFlake

DaFlake has a spectacular aura about

I can't say that about Dell. My Inspiron went to Iraq with me and survived high heat, sand and dust for a year. The only item that needed to be replaced was the CDROM and they shipped it to me with no hassle.

Mind you I love my Mac more, but my Dell was a decent box at the time.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFlake View Post
I can't say that about Dell. My Inspiron went to Iraq with me and survived high heat, sand and dust for a year. The only item that needed to be replaced was the CDROM and they shipped it to me with no hassle.

Mind you I love my Mac more, but my Dell was a decent box at the time.
You are one of very very few with a good Dell story, not only with it working, but also for any form of customer service from Dell!
Count your lucky stars, and perhaps even buy a lottery ticket
QUOTE Thanks
DaFlake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
You are one of very very few with a good Dell story, not only with it working, but also for any form of customer service from Dell!
Count your lucky stars, and perhaps even buy a lottery ticket
Perhaps, but that was just my personal experience with them. I work with their servers all the time and constantly use their customer support and have few problems to be honest.

I think that customer support falls on how to you talk to a person. When people call, they tend to be very upset and yell. This will shut any person down right away and it can happen with any company. Heck we even have a guy here that is bashing Apple customer support due to how he is being treated. I'm willing to bet that his attitude is what is really the overall problem, not Apple's. Dell has far from the worst customer support out there and calling a company with threats right out of the gate will get you nowhere fast. I try to be courteous and calm when talking with them as they are my source for getting aid when needed.

You would be surprised what you can get when you are nice to someone and take a small interest in how their day is going.
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Dont argue with her. Just go and get her another MB then she will love you forever ...
i wish. don't ya think if I could buy a new laptop for her I'd have my MBP already instead of plotting how to get it

QUOTE Thanks
6string

Quote:
Perhaps, but that was just my personal experience with them. I work with their servers all the time and constantly use their customer support and have few problems to be honest.

I think that customer support falls on how to you talk to a person. When people call, they tend to be very upset and yell. This will shut any person down right away and it can happen with any company. Heck we even have a guy here that is bashing Apple customer support due to how he is being treated. I'm willing to bet that his attitude is what is really the overall problem, not Apple's. Dell has far from the worst customer support out there and calling a company with threats right out of the gate will get you nowhere fast. I try to be courteous and calm when talking with them as they are my source for getting aid when needed.

You would be surprised what you can get when you are nice to someone and take a small interest in how their day is going.
I totally agree with you in regards to the outcome of any situation based on attitude and approach!
You could find many of my posts here in regards to my take on a non confrontational approach when approaching Apple if there is an issue in order to obtain resolution to a given situation.
I myself, and many others, have had nothing but nightmares with Dell, and when dealing with Dell, when it comes to customer service/support unfortunately.
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
I myself, and many others, have had nothing but nightmares with Dell, and when dealing with Dell, when it comes to customer service/support unfortunately.
agreed...since I made that switch I will never go back to Windows based products, I hate 'em. Never had any experience with Dell CS but I loved the people who worked at the Genius bar both times I went. Really have no need for CS except for warranty issues.
* if you want respect, give respect. it's the underestimated solution to all problems in life

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3ezi(moto) View Post
i wish. don't ya think if I could buy a new laptop for her I'd have my MBP already instead of plotting how to get it
Yep i see where your coming from mate and feel for you

TM

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Yep i see where your coming from mate and feel for you

TM
thanks, some day

QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

"Honey, I told you that would happen, but you didn't listen to me."

Wife picks up Dell and smashes husband over the head with it. When he comes to, he finds that she has taken over his MacBook.

"This is so much better, sweetie."

And they live happily ever after...
QUOTE Thanks
DaFlake

Quote:
Originally Posted by toMACsh View Post
"Honey, I told you that would happen, but you didn't listen to me."

Wife picks up Dell and smashes husband over the head with it. When he comes to, he finds that she has taken over his MacBook.

"This is so much better, sweetie."

And they live happily ever after...

LOL...

It all started in my house with the Mrs. wanting a light and portable computer. The MBA was new and we bought one for her. Slowly Apple permeated the house and my lowly Windows box (only used for some gaming and as a file server) sits in the basement all alone.

Don't get me wrong, I know that Dell has CS issues and I am certain that some folks can rattle off the horror stories but sometimes the ones we hear are due to the complainer rather than the company. Would I buy a Dell again? Only if I was forced to do so. I like my Mac and won't be going back to Windows anytime soon.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Microsoft employees hide their Apple iPhones from managers LMAO | someone buy this kid a Mac please »