New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

So are we all having wifi issues?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mbell75

mbell75 is on a distinguished road

Lots of others on the official Apple forum are, so am I. Weak wifi signal and then it will completely drop every 10-15 minutes and you have to log back on to your network. Not good.
QUOTE Thanks
Paulie420

Paulie420 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Lots of others on the official Apple forum are, so am I. Weak wifi signal and then it will completely drop every 10-15 minutes and you have to log back on to your network. Not good.
Over here in California it's been smooth sailing. Have another router just to test?

Take it back to apple tomorrow. Repeat problem. New iPad.

I've had a few crashed apps but wifi is a cracking.

Paulie

Sent from my iPad
QUOTE Thanks
mysn95

mysn95 is on a distinguished road

No probes for me. Used at home, Starbucks and Panera.

MacBook Pro 13" iPhone 5 iPad(3rd Gen)
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I'd like to know what they're using. Mine is just flat out flying connected to my first gen TC using 'n'. Have not tried it on my D-Link yet, but I'll get to it. Maybe I'll visit a B&N this morning to test it there.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
mbell75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
I'd like to know what they're using. Mine is just flat out flying connected to my first gen TC using 'n'. Have not tried it on my D-Link yet, but I'll get to it. Maybe I'll visit a B&N this morning to test it there.

I am using my Sprint Overdrive mobile hotspot. This is for sure a widespread problem. More threads are popping up about it. I am taking this back tomorrow...

Apple - Support - Discussions - Wifi forgets settings ...
Apple - Support - Discussions - Weak wifi ...
QUOTE Thanks
BadApple

BadApple will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 32G iPad

I am using a n airport an it flys...
QUOTE Thanks
Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

Not one WiFi, nor any other issues at all on my 32 gig model.

My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

The first poster there is using a hidden SSID. This is a well known issue on Macs for a lot of folks and really no need for it while using WPA2.

Can see how this would ruin the experience for a great many. I'd suggest some do some testing. My initial tests with speedtest.net:

Download speeds
20410 at my n only network where I'm usually sitting.
1176 on my combo g+n network at the opposite end of the house
21563 on the same g+n network from the same side of the house

And the reason I have two wireless networks to begin with. My experience has been no different with my Macs.

Have had no issue in moving back and forth between them either.

QUOTE Thanks
Doc750

Doc750 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook5,2, iPad 16 gb, iPhone 3GS 32 gb, Iphone 4

no issues with wifi at all. I've used it at four places. Mac store, Panera, Local Library and home. Everything went smoothly at all four places.
QUOTE Thanks
mbell75

Well dammit. I am down here at Starbucks and my iPad is working perfect on their wifi here. Appears to be an issue with my mobile hotspot. That sucks, I can't come to Starbucks every time I want to use it
QUOTE Thanks
rfe959

rfe959 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2,1, Macbook Pro 5.1, (2) iphone 4S's, (2) iPad Mini's, Apple TV, MacBook Pro 9.2

No problems with my 32GB. Wifi is alot faster than I expected.
QUOTE Thanks
BadApple

BadApple will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 32G iPad

I also am using a hidden network but on a airport extreme N, it runs perfect and as fast as my MacBook.
QUOTE Thanks
mbell75

Seems my issue was the password on my router. Disabled it and have not had any issues since.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

mbell, were you using WEP on the router? Another issue we've seen a lot. Just changing to WPA seems to take care of it.

QUOTE Thanks
Voony

Voony will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Well dammit. I am down here at Starbucks and my iPad is working perfect on their wifi here. Appears to be an issue with my mobile hotspot. That sucks, I can't come to Starbucks every time I want to use it
If I may ask, do you pay something to use WiFi at Starbucks or can anyone who has ATT&T use it there?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« today isn't such a good day but then again | Movies »