New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

I feel like I need a MBP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

p3ezi(moto)

p3ezi(moto) will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

I'm sitting here bored wondering if I should sell my 13' White Macbook (late 2009) so that I can get a MBP. The only thing I hate about it, is the color. I just want to post stickers all over it so that I don't have to stare at it...wondering how much I can get for it so that I can have at least have half..

any suggestions...I also have a question about Time Machine. I formatted my WD My Passport 500GB HD to run on Windows and Mac. Is there a way to still backup using Time Machine...

GS3 - Nexus 7 - 13in Macbook
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3ezi(moto) View Post
I'm sitting here bored wondering if I should sell my 13' White Macbook (late 2009) so that I can get a MBP. The only thing I hate about it, is the color. I just want to post stickers all over it so that I don't have to stare at it...wondering how much I can get for it so that I can have at least have half..
You're crazy man! You just bought that laptop not too long ago...you were all excited about it...best thing since "sliced bread"!

Now you seem hate it...and want to get rid of it.

There is of course...no problem getting rid of it. Post it for a low price on Craig's List...and it will be gone in 24hours!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Looks like you're suffering from the computer-version of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome).

It's very common in males, especially those who have expensive hobbies, like music, computers, RC Cars/Airplanes, power tools, etc. (Or in more-often-than-not cases, all of the above)

You should sell and upgrade!
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Oh women can have this GAS you speak about too. I know a few of them who just have to have the latest phones and stuff. I know one who has a blackberry , iphone 3G and 3GS. So yeah anyone can have GAS really.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
Oh women can have this GAS you speak about too. I know a few of them who just have to have the latest phones and stuff. I know one who has a blackberry , iphone 3G and 3GS. So yeah anyone can have GAS really.
Oh I know, my girl gets it sometimes
QUOTE Thanks
firesidedog

firesidedog is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook pro,2009,Yosemite, 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram, hdd 320gb Ipad2 32gb wifi+3g Ipod touch 3rd. gen.

Why don't you buy a cover for it?

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Albert Einstein
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Wait there will be some good deals springing up when the new ones come out some people will sell there old (still new as in a year old) laptops for a loss.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesidedog View Post
Why don't you buy a cover for it?
This is an EXCELLENT idea! If the OP only has a problem with the appearance of his laptop...then a cover or a skin of some sort would be a perfect solution!!!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Late 2009. . . those are the unibody MacBooks correct?

If so, here's a cool site I considered a while back

http://www.colorwarepc.com/p-196-macbook.aspx

QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
You're crazy man! You just bought that laptop not too long ago...you were all excited about it...best thing since "sliced bread"!

Now you seem hate it...and want to get rid of it.

- Nick
I know...I love the Macbook, I just hate the color...and I didnt buy it..if I would've bought it, I would've got a MBP from the start. I got this as a X-max present.
I also look at the site culnool but it's $574 just to customize it

QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

If its just a custom look you want why not cover it with those stickers you spoke of but go one step further and use stickers from all over the place ? I will donate a USMC sticker if your interested. We have great folks here from all over and I would bet that if you said please........

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

USMC...umm i don't know about that one...I'm a Army Vet, thanks though

QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayneal View Post
If its just a custom look you want why not cover it with those stickers you spoke of but go one step further and use stickers from all over the place ? I will donate a USMC sticker if your interested. We have great folks here from all over and I would bet that if you said please........

Clay
Reminds me of my single days. Me and the roommate had a coffee table from a thrift store that we covered with stickers and I even have a photo of him skateboarding on the table. haha Good times!!
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3ezi(moto) View Post
USMC...umm i don't know about that one...I'm a Army Vet, thanks though

OUCH MAN !

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
nospeed411

nospeed411 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP 2.26, 2008 MB Aluminum 2.4

Yeah my wife had a white one and hated it...so we get her a MB aluminum and now she says ...."it's so cold" WTF ??? I can't win
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« using Time Machine & Ex. HD that's compatible with Windows | Becoming Apple certified? »