New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Cell Phone Companiew

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Steel02001

Well, I am with sprint and I hate them as of this minute. All day I have been trying to set up things to where I can connect my powerbook to my phone and use my phone as a modem. Basically, it can't be done unless I go through tons of red tape with sprint. I hate them. And I am pissed.

Do other people have this same problem?

Does anyone else connect their computer to their phone for internet purposes occasianally?

Am I stupid?

Sheesh, I now officially hate all phone companies except for cingular, and possibly t-mobile because they seem to be the only people who realize that maybe, just maybe, people should be able to use their phones for things other than calling people. Like connecting to a computer and using it as a modem.

Ok Ok, I realize this was a little venting but there are questions in their too.
QUOTE Thanks
EvoMac

This thread gave me a new outlook on T-Mobile. I might be leaving verizon because of this thread.

Tmobile Internet Plan
QUOTE Thanks
Brigrat

First of all. Sprint has the best data plans available.

It is very simple to connect your phone to your laptop. as long as you have a vision capable phone that supports DUN (dial up networking). Most Sanyo's (except the 5600), and the majority of Samsungs are DUN capable.

Sprint does not officially support "tethering" and connecting your phone to your lap top techincally violates your terms of service, however; Sprint never enforces this policy. If you are trying to get help with this form Sprint, you are up a creek, because Sprints Customer service is generally clueless, and since they technically do not support this feature, they will not be able to help you.

OSX actuallly has a sprint vision driver built in to it, all you have to do is set up a new profile with #777 as the phone number, and the password blank. I do this all the time, and have been for years.

What phone do you have? That very well could be your problem. If you really want help with this, go to www.sprintusers.com or www.howardforums.com Please do a search before you ask for help, as most questions have been answered a thousand times, and are probably already addressed in the FAQ sections. If you are still up a creek PM me, and I'll see if I can help. I am a long time Sprint fan, and have worked through a number of struggles.

Good luck.
QUOTE Thanks
Steel02001

Evomac, ya, I remember that post and actually posted in it a few times and I might switch as well.

Brigat - i pm'ed you.
QUOTE Thanks
Brigrat

I replied to your PM, I hope I was able to help, if not, PM me again, and I'll see what I can do.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

ive had...
cingular, and hated them
sprint, they were decent
US Cellular, great!
QUOTE Thanks
Steel02001

US Cellular I have never heard of, I assume they are not in kansas.
QUOTE Thanks
Icicle

Icicle is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7

Were not in Kansas anymore toto.....Us cellular

Im happy with sprint too. Sprintusers.com is actually a cool site, in a nerdy sort of way

Kevin, Spokane Washington USA
QUOTE Thanks
embries

love my sprint. Sold consumer electronics for the last 7 years and I wouldn't have any other cell phone.
QUOTE Thanks
Steel02001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icicle
Were not in Kansas anymore toto.....Us cellular

Im happy with sprint too. Sprintusers.com is actually a cool site, in a nerdy sort of way

I've never heard that one before.
QUOTE Thanks
Icicle

Icicle is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7

I was just teasin, thus the smiley

Kevin, Spokane Washington USA
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 150 dollar rebate on iMac, PM, PB - 100 on iBook | .iso images »