Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    That is the Eject key, and the symbol you're referring to is the universal "eject" symbol used on all consumer electronics (including VCRs, where it originated).

When you want to insert a disc, you just insert it. If you happen to be using a keyboard that does not have an eject key, you can easily eject the disc simply by dragging its icon onto the trash can. You can also right-click the disc icon and click 'Eject'.

Additionally, if you find that a disc will not eject for whatever reason, you can reboot the machine and hold the left mouse button immediately after the machine starts to boot back up. This will force an eject.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    24" iMac
    Thanks, CWA107

Pete

Specs:
    MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
    I have to also note that you can press Windows key + E when highlighting the disc icon on your desktop or in finder, and that will also eject the disc. That will also work in iTunes, whether you have an iPod/iPhone or CD in. It will also eject thumb drive icons, disc images, external HDs and other devices like phones plugged in via USB.

Specs:
    24" iMac
    Thanks, Cuhnool - Good info as well.

Pete

Specs:
    13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
    Yea, you should really get used to an apple keyboard, though. The layout is perfect for the operating system (command key and hotkeys, etc).

Specs:
    24" iMac
    Well, I guess I'm trouble - The disc will not eject using the methods mentioned above. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Pete

Specs:
    iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
    If you are trying the force eject, use a wired mouse if possible. The wireless mouse might not connect to the computer right away after its been rebooted. Good Luck, I hope you can get the disk out

l
    Iíll keep it short and sweet ó Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 13.3" 2.26GHz C2D & 2 GB 1067MHz DDR3
    Hello and welcome. I'm both new to the forums and Macs my self too, oldfella.

Here is a PDF document (which will open right up in Safari for you ) that is great for your situation (as well as all the links and websites mentioned here). I hope it helps.

The Mac Manual

Specs:
    24" iMac
    Thanks, MrCrilly - I saved it.

Pete

Did you try dragging the disk into the trash? When you get to the trash, you will see it looks like the eject button on a VCR or DVD, just put the disk into it and it will pop out of your drive.

Specs:
    24" iMac
    Thanks, Generic Chick - Good info, I'll keep this in mind. What I had to do, before shutting down last night, I hooked-up the Mac Keyboard and worked it from there. This morning I looked into reprogramming one of he hot keys on the MS keyboard to "Eject" - I'll test it next time. Again, thanks, all.

Pete

Specs:
    24" iMac
    I have another hot question: Since these new contraptions have internal speakers, I wonder if I can use my external speakers by plugging them in the headset output hole - has any one done this? Thanks.

Pete

Specs:
    Yes, Pete. This isn't an issue. I do this my self. I have a simple set of speaker with a sub. thing and I just plug it straight into the head phone jack.

Specs:
    24" iMac
    Thanks Mr Crilly - It's good to know. For my purpose, the internal speakers do fine, but it's a shame not to be able to use my good speakers. My son has bids on my PC, I hope he does not need or want the speakers.

I hope the weather in Liverpool is warm and sunny, We have snow and it's below freezing here in Tennessee USA. Take care, my friend. Regards.

Pete

Specs:
    Hi Pete,

I'm glad you found my advice useful. Liverpool is wet, windy and cold I'm afraid

Thread Information