New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Which Cell Phone Do U Use With Ur Mac??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

maverick2k

The purpose of this thread is to find out which cell phones are the most compatible with macs and why is it that the phone companies do not ship mac versions of their phone software cds along with the handsets.(mac suite for Nokia). They can atleast be hosted on the company websites for one to download if they cannot fathom supplying it due to the small user base.

So? Which phone do you use with your mac? Compatibility? And does it compliment the mac aesthetically???

Will start with me.....I use a Sony Ericsson K700i and connect it to my ibook via bluetooth. Sony ercissons seem to have greater comaptibility with macs. iSync works gr8. And Sony Ericsson provides a mac version of its theme creator too..... http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17113

Don't know about data cable compatibility. Any info about other manufacturers......Nokia, Motorola, Samsung......
QUOTE Thanks
alexmaccoll

alexmaccoll is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5

I've got a sony ericsson P900 that i connect via bluetooth, can't get the dock thingy to work!
And a Samsung D500 which i connect via bluetooth also.
Both work effortlessly
Alex
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I have a Motorola v600 which I sync with a cable and it has bluetooth file transfer capability.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

I have a Nokia 7610 which is a Series 60 (Symbian) phone.

My previous phone (Nokia 6600) worked fine with iSync but this one is not supported by iSync and there is no software for connectivity. All I do is transfer images and sound clips & videos with Bluetooth.

I'm getting rid of this and getting a Motorola V3 RAZR next week. I hear that it has better compatibility with OS X.
QUOTE Thanks
numacuser

I have a V3 Razer and have the option to connect it to my computer but I don't bother becuase you can't really do anything useful with it on here.

Sam
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

I've got a motorolla v220 which has a camera in it but no mac software to download the poor quality pictures, shame. I have read that it's all possible with virtual PC and the address book and modem functions are accessible with OSX.
QUOTE Thanks
inflexion

inflexion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle

S700i and it does all that i want it to with iSync

Apple, think different
QUOTE Thanks
macaudiodj

I use my Treo 650 with missing sync.
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

I use a crappy kerosera stick phone it does the job. no isync but it does have tetris

QUOTE Thanks
BigBear

BigBear has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: ibook G4 14in

i use my nokia 6820 and use the bluetooth to transmit pictures. right now i'm rockin an older moto mpx200 that i got from my friend; it's worthless for purposes other than a phone ; at least it looks cool :p

my apple is bling *tisk tisk, you shouldn't have any bling.. just nice things*
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

I have a beat-up Motorola V60. I've used it with iSync to sync contacts over a USB cable, but it seems kind of pointless to me. I don't have eMail addresses for most of the people on my phone, and I don't have phone numbers for about half of the people in my Address Book.

I don't really see the need for anthing fancier than this phone. Bluetooth, PDAs, cameras, color screens, and other junk just use battery power and take up space. Plus, the newer phones seem so cheap and plastic-y.

Heck, I still have a land line.
QUOTE Thanks
djlee12

djlee12 has a spectacular aura about

I currently have a verizon wireless audiovox camera phone, which is great. However, I will upgrade soon in order to get a phone with bluetooth. But since verizon's only bluetooth 'phone' is the v710, which has gotten poor reviews, I will probably switch to Cingular and get the V3 RAZR.

DJ Lee

Watts Up Productions
www.wattsupproductions.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 1st and Last | Post Your Desktop! »