Specs:
    MacBook 10.6.2 (2.4 Ghz) | Time Capsule 500GB
    Trying to get a MUG started in my city but no one is showing interest
    I am trying to get a mac user group started in my city. I live in the second largest city in my state. No One is showing interest. Thus far I have only put up ads on craigslist and have only received a response from one person. Both my wife and I are long time Mac users. There is one in the "wealthy" part of the tricounty nearby but it is a long drove, so surely I thought there would be enough Mac users closer who would not want to drive 20 miles. But nothing, no one, nada.

Does any one have any recommendations on approaches I should take.

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Specs:
    iMac, and Macbook Pro
    I've had great success forming a MUG within the existing membership of a general computer club. The main club has about 300 members, and my MUG has about 50 right now. The MUG is growing at the rate of about 2 new members a month. Perhaps you can use a larger group, club, association, etc. as a springboard like I did.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by FasterPussyCat View Post
    I am trying to get a mac user group started in my city. I live in the second largest city in my state. No One is showing interest. Thus far I have only put up ads on craigslist and have only received a response from one person. Both my wife and I are long time Mac users. There is one in the "wealthy" part of the tricounty nearby but it is a long drove, so surely I thought there would be enough Mac users closer who would not want to drive 20 miles. But nothing, no one, nada.

Does any one have any recommendations on approaches I should take.
    Where do you live? I don't think there would be any difficulty starting one up where I live. I just don't have the time for it unfortunately.

Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    Try facebook or myspace or similar as a way of getting the MUG started. And maybe there is an online MUG in your area that might want to meet up if you organised it. Who knows.

Specs:
    MacBook 10.6.2 (2.4 Ghz) | Time Capsule 500GB
    Thanks for all the feedback.

@baggs I did read that, actually that motivated me to make it happen. And really I think that "documentary" featured the most atypical and fanatical Mac users they could find on budget.

@the8thark I considered those. In the end I decided Meetup.com was more culturally neutral and had less distractions than the others. That and I personally dislike the social networking phenonmen that has been destroying the brain cells of the masses (no offense, to each his/her own and stuff)

@ VegasGeorge Brilliant! That would work on so many levels. Great advise. Great method.

Thread Information