New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

A mac christmas

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

Im so excited I was cleaning out my back closet while the wife was at work and what do I find my brand new 27" Quad Core IMAC, Here is my dilema...

1. SHould I fess up and tell her I found it
2. SHould I wait until Christmas Morning and act super surprised
3. Or should I do what I already did and set it up in my office

hmmm... what to do
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

You better put it back.

She's gonna be upset cause she wants to see you when you first see it.

How's John doing? He still ok? How old is he now?

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

I would go ahead and customize it (perhaps with a screen saver saying "Thank you Honey") then put it back until Christmas.
QUOTE Thanks
Ballr24

Ballr24 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD

I'd put it back.
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

BOB you may be right but its just 2 beautiful... and John is awesome hes 11 now healthy and in Karate... his XBOX 360 broke so i got him a PS3 lol...
QUOTE Thanks
fear7950

fear7950 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
I would go ahead and customize it (perhaps with a screen saver saying "Thank you Honey") then put it back until Christmas.
But I like this comment
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I would put it back. It will spoil her surprise. I did that to my mom a few times and she was very upset as she wanted to watch me open it Christmas day.
QUOTE Thanks
idirtbike

idirtbike is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjuicy23 View Post
BOB you may be right but its just 2 beautiful... and John is awesome hes 11 now healthy and in Karate... his XBOX 360 broke so i got him a PS3 lol...
dude no way! you have to get him another 360. u cant just do a big switch like that!....i would never transfer to just a PS3 from my 360. thats why im gettin another PS3 for xmas because my old one broke, n i still got the 360 that will be sittin right next to her (:
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

I don't know about yours, but my wife would be incredibly ticked off and disappointed if I not only found, but opened a gift she bought for me as a surprise.

The phrase "happy wife, happy life" is absolutely true. If I were you, I'd put that thing back and pack it so perfectly she wouldn't know the difference.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjuicy23 View Post
That's all I've got now is a PS3 also. Just got a new game and sold the spare TV at the same time, so now I've got nothing to play it on.

Give John a smile and a howdy for me.

QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
That's EPIC!!! You MUST do that!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge is a jewel in the roughVegasGeorge is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, and Macbook Pro

Well, if you don't tell her you found it, and you don't get it for Christmas and it's no longer in the closet, then what are you going to do?

Better tell her you found it.
QUOTE Thanks
idirtbike

idirtbike is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGeorge View Post
Well, if you don't tell her you found it, and you don't get it for Christmas and it's no longer in the closet, then what are you going to do?

Better tell her you found it.
That would totally SUCK!!! lol
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

What if it is for mom or dad? Pack it up and put it back.

If it is for you, I hope you have an equal value gift for her.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

She's gonna want a big rock for that!!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mr. Clean on Aluminum Macbook? | He's back....... ;) »