New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

I'm rich! (I think...)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

RE:FINAL PAYMENT NOTIFICATION.

Dear Beneficiary

We apologies, for the delay of your payment and all the inconveniences and
inflict that we might have indulge you through. however, we were having some minor problems with our payment system, which is inexplicable, and have held us stranded and indolent, not having the aspiration to devote our 100% assiduity in accrediting foreign payments.

We apologies once again, from the record of outstanding winners due for payment, your name and particular was discovered as next on the list of the outstanding winners who have not yet receive their payment.

I wish to inform you now that the square peg is now in square hole and can be voguish, for that your payment is has been processed and will be release to you as soon as you respond to this letter.

Also note that from our record your outstanding winning payment is valued at $610,000.00 USD (SIX HUNDRED AND TEN THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS)Payment will be made to you in form of a certified bank draft or bank wire transfer into a nominated bank account of your choice, as soon as you get in touched with.

Mr.Fred Kumar
TEL:+44 700 596 1522
E-mail: fundremit_cen@gala.net

Provide him with the following details, as this will enable him to process and
release of your cash prize without any delay.

Your Full Name:..................................

Telephone and fax Numbers:.........................

Residential Address:...............................

Your urgent reply Mr.Fred Kumar via e-mail: fundremit_cen@gala.net will effect the speedy release of your cash prize to you within 48hours.

Yours Sincerely,
Mrs. Vera Hillers
Vice President.

Of course, I responded immediately!
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Congratulations...

You have been carefully selected from our worldwide database of gullible muppets, and we are confident that you have the required stupidity to respond to our mail....

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by toMACsh View Post
RE:FINAL PAYMENT NOTIFICATION.

Dear Beneficiary

We apologies, for the delay of your payment and all the inconveniences and
inflict that we might have indulge you through. however, we were having some minor problems with our payment system, which is inexplicable, and have held us stranded and indolent, not having the aspiration to devote our 100% assiduity in accrediting foreign payments.

We apologies once again, from the record of outstanding winners due for payment, your name and particular was discovered as next on the list of the outstanding winners who have not yet receive their payment.

I wish to inform you now that the square peg is now in square hole and can be voguish, for that your payment is has been processed and will be release to you as soon as you respond to this letter.

Also note that from our record your outstanding winning payment is valued at $610,000.00 USD (SIX HUNDRED AND TEN THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS)Payment will be made to you in form of a certified bank draft or bank wire transfer into a nominated bank account of your choice, as soon as you get in touched with.

Mr.Fred Kumar
TEL:+44 700 596 1522
E-mail: fundremit_cen@gala.net

Provide him with the following details, as this will enable him to process and
release of your cash prize without any delay.

Your Full Name:..................................

Telephone and fax Numbers:.........................

Residential Address:...............................

Your urgent reply Mr.Fred Kumar via e-mail: fundremit_cen@gala.net will effect the speedy release of your cash prize to you within 48hours.

Yours Sincerely,
Mrs. Vera Hillers
Vice President.

Of course, I responded immediately!
FINAL PAYMENT NOTIFICATION? why didn't you respond to the previous ones?!?!? did you know you were owed all this money?!?! haha
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deus_ex_machina View Post
FINAL PAYMENT NOTIFICATION? why didn't you respond to the previous ones?!?!? did you know you were owed all this money?!?! haha
I apologies, sir!

haha

QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

I just edit some words on there and spam the right back!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I wonder how they managed to find a word I don't believe I have ever seen.

Yep, I admit, assiduity is a new one for me.

Learning even from scammers, who'd a thunk it.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

My eyes hurt after reading all that. >_>"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Ya know, you should send then the name and address (etc) of someone you really don't like. Then just sit back and watch the show.

QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
My eyes hurt after reading all that. >_>"
My *brain* hurt after reading that!

One assumes that anyone stupid enough to reply would be asked to send a small "check release fee" or some other form of payment to them first, to enable the transfer of money into their account. If I got one of those, it would be fun to respond just to see what sort of "hook" they tried to catch you with.

What do you think baggs? You should reply, and report back here as the game develops!

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

I can't believe I actually read that post
QUOTE Thanks
macgig

macgig will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" 2007 Aluminum iMac 2.0 Ghz | 4 gigs ram | 10.6.8

you should mess with them, tell them you only have about half a million dollars to work with and you'd like to send most of it to them, blah blah blah make up a story and tons of promises. then tell them you work undercover for the fbi, you got their IP and location and agents are on the way
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
I wonder how they managed to find a word I don't believe I have ever seen.
*** U I DITY

Make an *** out of you and I and dity, whoever that may be? And remember the *** as mentioned in the bible is like a donkey. Our censorship is really over the top at times!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

What havnt you received yours yet ???

I got mine few week ago today

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
*** U I DITY

Make an *** out of you and I and dity, whoever that may be? And remember the *** as mentioned in the bible is like a donkey. Our censorship is really over the top at times!
Amen to that statement

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
johnnyFIVE

johnnyFIVE is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iPad & iphone 3G

I responded to a scam email once and just wrote

"thanks for wasting my time you and your scam are a bunch of ****s go ahead and kiss my a**"

they wrote back, no joke.

"your a** is smelling"

best thing ever.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do you destroy anything electronic and expensive? | Mr. Clean on Aluminum Macbook? »