New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Biohazard worries

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DCS

DCS is an unknown at this point

I just bought 3 Macs for my site office We incinerate domestic waste.
I just read that apple won’t honour any warranties if you computer contains chemicals from smoke. We have our air monitored constantly and is deemed to be safe. If our personal are in a contaminated are they wear overalls, gloves and a gas mask.
I have invested nearly $12,000 in these machines which is more than 3 time the price of IBM machine so i expect that the warranties should be honoured.
I have read the warrants and there is no mention of voiding the warranties in this way.
Just to let Apple know will not deal again with a company that treats it's customers this way.
Some advice: Buy your repairer some overalls gloves and a mask and do what you promised to do!
DCS
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Just so you know, the company I work for will not honor warranties when the systems are contaminated environmentally either.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
G3XOI

G3XOI is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM

Surely you should have checked before you purchased them!?
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCS View Post
I just bought 3 Macs for my site office We incinerate domestic waste.
I just read that apple won’t honour any warranties if you computer contains chemicals from smoke. We have our air monitored constantly and is deemed to be safe. If our personal are in a contaminated are they wear overalls, gloves and a gas mask.
I have invested nearly $12,000 in these machines which is more than 3 time the price of IBM machine so i expect that the warranties should be honoured.
I have read the warrants and there is no mention of voiding the warranties in this way.
Just to let Apple know will not deal again with a company that treats it's customers this way.
Some advice: Buy your repairer some overalls gloves and a mask and do what you promised to do!
DCS
Caveat Emptor as they say...

Somehow I don't think Apple is alone in this, but I could wrong.

QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Nope they're not alone, and smoke can damage IC's. We even terminate warranty agreements for halon dumps

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
DCS

The warranty state nothing about this.
I won't take advice purchasing this again.
I the other company's have a policy like this there is nothing i can do about it except ask for a reduction becase there will be no warrenty. I bought these thing because they are suppose to be a little future proof as they don't advace as fast as an IBM.

At least with the IBM I can afford to replace it with a new computer.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

You're getting all hyped up about nothing. You've only "read" about this? Not actually asked for any warranty service? Or had any warranty issues? Let's see how you feel 5 years from now when these machines are still performing the same tasks with the same efficiency as they are today.

No company warranties their products against failure that has been caused by some external source. Ex. you dropped it, spilled water in it, etc. Unless that is you purchase an insurance policy that covers accidental damage. They can't.

Besides which, if as you say, your office air is filtered and monitored, you would not have any contamination of your computers, and therefore have nothing to worry about. You will simply call for any warranty work that needs to be done (if in fact you ever even need it) and let them show that it was caused by something they do not cover.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
DCS

Searching all the information I did find this.

You also agree that you will not use these products for ....
the development, design manufacture or production of
missiles, or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.

From the actual iTunes End User License Agreement

I dont need for smoke to get into it, i can create it with itunes
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Anyone know anything about Public Utility right of way on private property? | My Idea for Education: The EasyEducator »