New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

What do you think of the new HP Envy 13"-15"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

I don't know if many of you have seen these in real life, but I got the chance to see one today, and I don't think I have ever been so mad in my life over a computer! When I saw it online, I thought it it's appearance might change once you see it in person but, I was SO wrong! This is pretty much a carbon copy of the macbook/macbook pro! From the overall shape, keys, screen, and touch pad....wow...ARE YOU KIDDING ME HP?? What, did you finally run out of goofy design swirl ideas? And the asking price....woowowowo...that's a whole other story! $1899 for the starting 13"!!
I paid more than 1600 bucks for my last hp laptop 17", it turned out to be the biggest regret of my life so far! I can't imagine how I would feel paying a premium price for an HP....to me, it's like hyundai seeing mercedes' high prices and thinking they can charge the same price because mercedes cars sell themselves! You have to see it in real life to understand my frustration...they even have "gestures" on the track pad, two finger scroll...and what not...
I don't mind saying this here, Hp, I hope you fail! All they do is bring products out to undercut other companies and force them to fail, this time though, I don't think it worked so well, so they copy them!

check it out here,
Buy Envy Laptop | HP Envy
search it on youtube videos too, check out the comments!
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

The specs on it look amazing.
I mean, a 13" notebook that has:
  • an HDMI port
  • a High Definition LED display
  • a dedicated graphics card with 512MB VRAM
  • a 16.25 hour battery life (even if it's only half of that it's still amazing)
  • a 2-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader
  • Wireless-N Mini-card with Bluetooth
  • and lots more and still weighs less than 4 lbs

I see no reason to be "mad" over it.
It has plenty of features that the 13" MBP simply doesn't have and doesn't even come close to matching, so the price difference is certainly justified in my opinion.

It's a real slick notebook.
If I were in the market for a new Windows machine, I would definitely give this one some consideration.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold

It weighs less because the it comes in pieces. They actually don't tell you the real battery life, only the life with the extended, larger battery(the battery is the size of the whole notebook and goes under it...kind like the under covering of the new macbooks but just thicker. From what I saw, it's not meant to permanently replace the normal battery. And these are all separate from the actual unit, cd-drive is connected to the computer with a cable(like the Air). I think you kind of missed the point though. They used to go against apple by saying they were too expensive. HP has cheap prices because they can make them cheap, so what's up with this one? Coming from an HP, I would expect this to be cheaper, not carry a price tag over a macbook. If they were arguing the whole time that you can get something better for cheaper, why do these cost more? Get what I'm trying to say? the looks...just...wth?

I forgot one thing, the other reason I don't understand the high price is this- HP has had hdmi, wireless-n, dedicated gc, hd screens, media readers, long normal batteries, 3gb ddr3, good speakers, and more for some time now, all without carrying a price tag this high. Surely this 13" isn't so expensive because it has a beastly 1.86GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, long life second battery, an HD screen that requires hd content to play in HD, or because of the HD 4330! The only thing this is after is the macbook/pro lineup...simple as that. Coming from hp, this thing should carry a price of maybe 1100, but starting at 1700!?! I don't know man, confusing is the best way to put it.

Sometimes, you have to have the same price to compete...
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Wow a little emotional aren't we ! Relax they didn't do this as a personal attack on you. Looks like a good machine for those looking for a windows box. Good luck to them. Just remember we buy our machines based on the OS ! they just can't copy that.

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

emotional, No! Ticked off, Yes! guess you don't see it from my point of view though...
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

I wonder if the trackpad does gestures like the Mac? It's large enough. I am in a hurry but did not see any mention of it.
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
emotional, No! Ticked off, Yes! guess you don't see it from my point of view though...
Ticked off is an emotion too... but that's okay, I like ticked off

The way I see it, they really want to mimic the MBP, wich I find kind of amusing.

It's a great machine though, but it's still no MacBookPro!!

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

The ports are on the Right Hand side for one thing. I admit that trackpad looks like Apple but as I asked in my other post, does it do what Apples does?

Also, it will not legally run OSX. If you want OSX, you still need a Mac.

Like DB said, if I needed a high performance Windows notebook with HDMI, nice HD display, it would be worth a look.
QUOTE Thanks
Ballr24

Ballr24 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD

nice machine but i still prefer the mbp and these r overpriced
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Nice features I will admit. Mainly the dedicated card on a machine that small. I would say slightly over priced as well.
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

It's not a... total... rip off.

Well, yea. That's a nice looking laptop, but when you see the open part of it... Wow.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

WOW, great pic there DarkestRitual! That does look very much like the MBP there.

Where did you get that pic?

I still want to know about that trackpad and what all it does.
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Well as they say ..." imatation is the highest form of flattery"

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

The low end starts at 1699 and only has a 1.83GHz core 2 duo. 3GB of RAM (1066MHz DDR3), 250GB hdd. Expensive for a macbook pro rip off.

13 inch HP envy review

another nice pic in there...
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Thanks for that review URL. It answered my Trackpad questions as well as some others I had.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Staples tried to do me wrong | Computer Science? Networking? Looking for a future Career! »