New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

regent street london apple store

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

brendan67

brendan67 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.2 4gbram iPhone6

hi

i made my first visit to the regent street store ( all the way from sunny scotland ) on 11/04 and can report that it was well worth the trip.

on a city break to london i made straight for mac heaven, and enjoyed
great customer service, superb presentations on garageband and ipod/itunes and iphoto. the presenter that did garageband was a brilliant musician who just plugged his guitar into the mac, and off he went, it was awesome, they also let you try out any mac that you can get your hands
on. needless to say i left london a few £'s lighter, but it was well worth it and would recommend a visit to any mac fan or any potential switchers out there.

kind regards

macbook pro 4gbram
iphone6
ipad 16gb
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

cheers mate
QUOTE Thanks
inflexion

inflexion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle

id be half tempted if i didnt hate london.

Needless to say though i reckon i will drop in next time i go there when im working
QUOTE Thanks
Cloudane

Aye, it's an excellent spot. I paid the obligatory visit whilst I was down south a few months back. Quote from my blog:

Quote:
Our main destination in Regent Street: the one and only Apple store in the UK! It was surprisingly large and busy, or perhaps not so surprising considering how much popularity Apple are gaining all of a sudden. Saw a lot of nice products and did a lot of drooling (30″ cinema displays, mmmmm). Saw a lot of price tags and had a lot of near heart attacks! As you’d expect from Apple, it’s a really neat and clean looking shop. Even the carrier bags look like they’re worth a fortune. It was pretty marvellous to see so much expensive equipment in one place… even the demonstration stock (row after row of Powerbooks, G5s, iMacs, eMacs, Cinema Displays, iPods on each demo machine…) was probably worth a couple of million, never mind the boxed stock on the shelves..

I think the cheapest thing I saw was a packet of iPod socks… that’s literally about 6 tiny little socks… for £19.99! Proving that although with Apple you do often pay for quality (like this Powerbook I’m typing on, I think it was worth the money and wouldn’t swap it for the world) - sometimes they’re just taking the ****
QUOTE Thanks
thermidor

thermidor will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB

Personally I found it was so heaving with people that I couldn't get attention from any of the staff, and it took about 15 minutes to pay. I must have gone at the wrong time.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Internet Anonimosity | Itunes audio problem... »