Thread: Howdy !

Ex_PC_Puke
    Howdy !
    Just thought I'd intoduce myself --- I've already posted in the switcher forum.

Back in December of last year I bailed out of Intel after 16.5yrs -- the insanity and BS of the PC world were starting to really affect both my mental and physical health. I spent all 16yrs in R+D of desktop systems with focus being hardware and system design. The last 5yrs were spent in the seamy belly of the beast at the intersection of A-holes and BS - trying to push the architecture forward (more power efficient - more system control) and dealing with the fine folks at Microsoft.

Intels in a major thrash (power - dual cores) - Microsoft is in a major thrash (Longhorn) - and Dell keeps pushing the price down putting pressure back on Intel and Microsoft.

So I'm back to being a full time student taking prep courses for a health degree. And at this point my old 1Ghz Pentium III is just about dead - and I'm totally freakin tired of XP updates - spy ware - viruses - and high maintenance PCs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'll be lurking and posting --- maybe tell a tale or 2 about Intel and Apple

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by PC_Puke
    Just thought I'd intoduce myself --- I've already posted in the switcher forum.

Back in December of last year I bailed out of Intel after 16.5yrs -- the insanity and BS of the PC world were starting to really affect both my mental and physical health. I spent all 16yrs in R+D of desktop systems with focus being hardware and system design. The last 5yrs were spent in the seamy belly of the beast at the intersection of A-holes and BS - trying to push the architecture forward (more power efficient - more system control) and dealing with the fine folks at Microsoft.

Intels in a major thrash (power - dual cores) - Microsoft is in a major thrash (Longhorn) - and Dell keeps pushing the price down putting pressure back on Intel and Microsoft.

So I'm back to being a full time student taking prep courses for a health degree. And at this point my old 1Ghz Pentium III is just about dead - and I'm totally freakin tired of XP updates - spy ware - viruses - and high maintenance PCs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'll be lurking and posting --- maybe tell a tale or 2 about Intel and Apple
    Welcome to the Forums. Hope you enjoy your stay.

If any of us can help in any way let us know.

I walked down a similar road for 15 years of my life, so I know where you are coming from.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
    welcome, your story sounds similar to a friend of mine that worked at M$. looking forward to the apple/intel story.

Ex_PC_Puke
    Back in '89 / '90 when I joined Intel - I didn't know anything about PCs - had been working for a main-frame co. --- Windows 3.0 had just been released -- nobody knew what to even do with that -- Ironically my home PC at the time was an old Franklin I had cobbled together

So one day we had a Biz Update Meeting presented by a senior VP - at one point another lost soul asked "Just what is the relationship between Intel and Microsoft ??"

After a brief pause he said "Well we're kind of like partners traveling on a journey together .... kind of like the Donner Party" :bone:

That pretty well sums up the working relationship -- the other one would be the old Spy vs Spy comics in the old MAD comic books.

Thread Information