New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Theme Parks!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

As the warm and hot weather go into the full effect, some of the theme parks start to open their doors. Now, if you're an Ohioan especially in the northern area, you have definitely been to CEDAR POINT at some point. Cedar Point is like Ohio's Disney World or maybe even the midwest's Disney World. Cedar Point located in Sandusky, Ohio on Lake Erie and is situated in between two cities, Toledo and Cleveland. Some of Cedar Points roller coasters were home to some of the tallest roller coasters in the world at one point in time. But Cedar Point has won seven consecutive years for being the best theme park in the world; that has to count for something.

Cedar Points' website:
http://www.cedarpoint.com/

My question to you all is what theme park(s) do you visit? Have you ever been to Cedar Point? What is your favorite ride(s) and roller coaster(s) at your theme park? Do you love or hate rides and/or roller coasters? Do you ever get sick on rides and roller coasters? Where do you draw the line, for which rides and roller coasters that you won't ride?

Note: Please, provide a website with your theme park, because we may not know it.
QUOTE Thanks
crazycanadian

One of the best theme parks in the US, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Valencia, Cali. The best rides this place has are; X, Superman, and Goliath. The funny thing is, I used to be scared to death of roller coasters, but it only takes one ride to quickly change your mind. Never gotten sick on any coasters, although have seen my friends......Honestly, coasters keep getting bigger, faster, and more elaborate. The change is little by little, so I dont see a limit for myself as long as I conquer the newest.

X--http://www.sixflags.com/parks/magicm...n/Rides/x.html
Superman--http://www.sixflags.com/parks/magicm.../superman.html
Goliath--http://www.sixflags.com/parks/magicm...s/goliath.html
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Ceader Point All The Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

I Love Dragster

QUOTE Thanks
Jefe3223

I've been to a lot of parks for my age. I liked Cedar Point, but I was too young to remember most of it. I went to 6flags a lot. Viper & amerocan eagle are my favorite there (i like wood coasters, only). I also LOVE the haunted mansion ride at Disney World
QUOTE Thanks
CaptainMack

i love cedar point. dragster was too short, but still good. my favorite was millennium.
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

yeah millennium was real good too

QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I really like The Iron Dragon. I like roller coasters, but I don't do anything that goes upside down. I did once go on a ride that went upside down; I think it was Chaos, and I lost my cookies. That just reassured me that I was right about needing to follow my gut instinct.
QUOTE Thanks
mcsenerd

mcsenerd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD

I wanna go to Cedar Point so badly...but I've only been to Six Flags parks. Astroworld, SF over Texas...Georgia...Louisianna...etc. I have to admit though...I still love two coasters the most so far...and they're kinda old skool...I still like the Texas Cyclone and Greased Lightnin' here at Astroworld. Maybe I can save up a grand or two and take the family up to Cedar Point next year.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Travelling Abroad... | Rate my dog/10 »