New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Notable Quotes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rs2sensen

rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

I was just having some fun looking up quotes and I found a couple good ones. Everybody, feel welcome to add your own quotes that you like!

"You say this is a computer for ordinary people? Why would an ordinary person want a computer?"
- Hewlett Packard executive to Steve Wozniak regarding Apple prototype

"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value too us."
- Western Union internal memo 1876

"Apple's market share is bigger than BMW's or Mercedes's or Porsche's in the automotive market. What's wrong with being BMW or Mercedes?"
-Steve Jobs
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

"Prediction: Apple Computer Corp. will switch to Intel processors within the next 12 to 18 months."
- John C. Dvorak, PC magazine, a little over two years ago.

(This was the topic of an undead thread that was mercifully locked. Used to have that in my signature.)

"The Macintosh uses an experimental pointing device called a mouse. There is no evidence that people want to use these things."
- John C. Dvorak, 1984, supposedly in a PC magazine article. He has admitted to the statement on his blog.

And before anyone posts it...no, Bill Gates never explicitly said anything about 640K of memory.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologist
"Prediction: Apple Computer Corp. will switch to Intel processors within the next 12 to 18 months."
- John C. Dvorak, PC magazine, a little over two years ago.

(This was the topic of an undead thread that was mercifully locked. Used to have that in my signature.)

"The Macintosh uses an experimental pointing device called a mouse. There is no evidence that people want to use these things."
- John C. Dvorak, 1984, supposedly in a PC magazine article. He has admitted to the statement on his blog.

And before anyone posts it...no, Bill Gates never explicitly said anything about 640K of memory.
But he did say (roughly) I see no advantage to the graphical user interface after the Xerox visit, right?
QUOTE Thanks
Badger

"I see a world market for four, maybe five computers." James Watson, President of IBM, 1943
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-

“To create a new standard, it takes something that’s not just a little bit different, it takes something that’s really new and really captures people’s imagination and the Macintosh, of all the machines I’ve ever seen, is the only one that meets that standard.” — Bill Gates

video: http://www.osdata.com/kind/gates.htm

QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

I saw the original, but was reminded of it in someone's signature....

"Mac-Forums.com is not responsible for Acts of God™"
-Schewb: April, 2nd 2005
QUOTE Thanks
Jefe3223

hahah, yeah! I knew that one would live in infamy. I'll come back with some good quotes, later...
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Here a few of my favorites:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

"Its not easy being evil in a world that's gone to ****(H-E-double hockey sticks)" --Anton LaVey

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
-- Thomas Alva Edison

...and here is a good one, after all, it is a Mac forum

"Interesting - I use a Mac to help me design the next Cray."
- Seymoure Cray, when he was told that Apple Inc. had recently bought a Cray supercomputer to help them design the next Mac.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens - Jimi Hendrix

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
solidstalin

solidstalin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac G5

Against the rules :closed:
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstalin
Against the rules :closed:
what?
QUOTE Thanks
BigBear

BigBear has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: ibook G4 14in

i have nothing to declare except my genius -oscar wilde

my apple is bling *tisk tisk, you shouldn't have any bling.. just nice things*
QUOTE Thanks
solidstalin

solidstalin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs2sensen
what?
It is against the rules on this forum post my favorite quotes
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

lol, yeah I was kind of confused before...
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Aerodynamics are for people that cannot build engines" - Enzo Ferrari

There is also a Polk quote about not talking alot so you never have to repeat yourself, if anyone knows the exact quote, let me know.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS X on a PC - it has been done | Online magazine design resource? »