New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Who got a Sony PSP?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I got a presale at MediaPlay two days ago. I went to MediaPlay and got my PSP at midnight. w00t! I went there, and there was barely anybody there to get one, which was surprising to me. I think even people that didn't do a presale got one. Because I don't think that MediaPlay sold all of their presales, but don't quote me on that. I don't think, I saw more than 10 people buying the PSP. But I'm sure that it will be a different story in the morning.

So did anybody else get one? Where did you buy it? How people where there to purchase the Sony PSP? If you don't have a PSP, do you plan on hunting for a PSP to buy?
QUOTE Thanks
solidstalin

solidstalin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac G5

I want one so i can download mac software for it...
QUOTE Thanks
edgefusion

edgefusion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram

I'm undecided between the PSP and Nintendo DS.

QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

lol...... my bro got onee ( due to my bad eyesite i cant reallly use handhelds) IMO, i would not get a DS. becasue nintendo is about to come out with another handheld the DS isnnt part of thje gameboy line ( gameboy,gamboy color,gameboy advance.....) the replace ment for the Gamboy advaned will be coming soon.they have already bought the doman name for it. tho i cant remeber it...
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

i like the commercial for it i saw on the tele

QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

I'm not much of a handheld gamer even though I have a GBA and GBA SP. I don't even have a single game for them, I just used them for Game Cube's Crystal Chronicles.

On the DS- I'm sure the awkward feel and control has driven customers away however there are some clever and fun games nonetheless. Feel The Magic being the game I've had the most experience with. Wario Ware Touched I'm sure will be another hit. You are correct on the extension on the Game Boy line and the DS not being it. Nintendo was very clear on this at launch. They are confident both handhelds can co-exist, so you don't have to worry about Nintendo pulling a Sega (ala 32X). Not just yet anyway!

With the target price of $99 for the next Game Boy most people feel this will just be an updated SP. However with penetration pricing being the norm these days in the industry this is just fan speculation.
QUOTE Thanks
rberry88

rberry88 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook

Picked mine up at EB Games locally last night at midnight. This system and games simply brings handheld gaming into the current generation. I bought Lumines, Need For Speed U:R, and NFL Street2 and eagerly awaiting MVP Baseball.

Nintendo fans might not like the PSP because of the price point but everyone should at least drop by a store to see the machine in real life in motion. The graphics and games are just jaw-dropping.

My 2 cents.

Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

The graphics kinna reminded me of the PC Engine or Turbo Graphix 16. Just my opinion, no need to flame!!!!

Again, like I said in my earlier post I'm not a handheld gamer so don't think I'm a Nintendo fanboy. I dislike them all equally!
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

I saw a kid playing with one at school, that thing is amazing. I have a DS already. I am very disappointed with the lack of quality games for it. I think the PSP is really the way to go. I don't do enough mobile gaming to spend that much money, I mainly bought my DS because I wanted to be able to play all my older GB games.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis
I saw a kid playing with one at school, that thing is amazing. I have a DS already. I am very disappointed with the lack of quality games for it. I think the PSP is really the way to go. I don't do enough mobile gaming to spend that much money, I mainly bought my DS because I wanted to be able to play all my older GB games.
I have a DS also, but I barely use it. But it's okay, I'm not really seeing any games that I'm dying to have for the DS either.

I just can't set my PSP down for a minute without thinking about it. I think, we'll be seeing some great innovative features coming in the future for the PSP. A feature that I'm impressed with at the moment is the PSP being able to use my wireless connection, and one of my games can even use the Internet to download content onto the memory card in the PSP. But I got a message from the video game developer that downloadable content will be coming soon.

Plus, there are already some great apps to use in conjuction with the PSP on the mac side, but the good ones cost money at the moment. I guess, I'll just have to want for some free apps ones.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

I think the 2 screens on the DS are really pretty worthless.
QUOTE Thanks
jbsengineer

I just picked on up at Best Buy. They still have lots left. Guess they got over 200 in. Well I must say it is a jaw-dropper. Definetely worth the $250. Although there is some sort of defective screen on mine. Seems like dust or dirt was in the screen at manufacture. i bought a best buy plan so after work i hope to return it.

i really want to try the online mode and play someone across my wireless network. SO COOL!!

Josh
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

I really dont even know that much about it.. but it looks like it will take off, i thinkin about buyin one...
QUOTE Thanks
Jefe3223

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis
I think the 2 screens on the DS are really pretty worthless.
I was to scared to buy the ds. I didn't understand playin' with two screens. It makes sence in some situations, but for most I think it would be weird. If anyone owns it and doesn't like it, I'm sorry and wish you luck in seeling it. PSP looks nice, but I don't think I have the funds to be able to buy it.
QUOTE Thanks
zap2

i would get one but i do not see myself using it enough for 250 , for 70 more i could get a ipod photo[school discounts] or that would be about 25% of an ibook

id rather have something from mac then from sony
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Neat website - Apple concept products | Walmart is trying to stop Apples iTunes Movie Distribution »