New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

I hate Earthlink's Spam Blocker

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Can I just tell you how annoying Earthlink's Spamblocker is? Everytime someone registers here and get the verification e-mail and they have Earthlink, I get a stupid notification saying I need to click this dumb link and verify that support@mac-forums.com isn't spam.

I would think that eventually Earthlink would get a clue and understand that anything coming from our address is not spam.

Well tonight it finally pushed me over the edge when we sent out the notification of the new User Reputation System and I got back like 30 of those dumb things in 5 minutes.

So for all you with Earthlink, disable it or add support@mac-forums.com to your whitelist because as of now, I refuse to ever click on another one of those stupid links again!!!

<rant mode off>

Ok I think I feel better now :dive:

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

you could always try making a redirected url for new members, so they don't think its spam.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute

It's not the members thinking it's spam, it's Earthlink's stupid Spamblocker. It's a server-side thing.

QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

darn earthlink, that could prove more difficult, you'd have a few loops to jump through to
redirect it in a way so that earthlink never sees the mac-forums end until its too late, if at all.
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

well who ever made the spam blocker doesnt deserve there reserved parking space.

QUOTE Thanks
schweb

haha, yes. I won't vote for them

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wales won the Grandslam! | Tuff Question! »