New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Percentage of MAC Users

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Simon

Hi

Could anybody tell me where to find credible statistics on the percentage of MAC users on the internet.

Thanks

Simon
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

im guessing were between 5-15%. This site alone has more PC users who visited.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
im guessing were between 5-15%. This site alone has more PC users who visited.
How can you tell?

During the day (while at work) I visit this site using my work PC, does that me I am a PC user?

During the evening when I visit this site I am on my powerbook, does that make me a Mac user?

I know thta you are guessing. Just wondering on how you made your guess/
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

I have access to the stats at mac-forums.. and took a look a few days ago, there are more people using OSes other than Mac to view the site. Because its just looking at what is surfing the net, not who, although you may be a mac user at heart, your using a PC
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
How can you tell?
stats

49.2% mac
48.4% windows
01.1% linux
01% other

QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAddikt
stats

49.2% mac
48.4% windows
01.1% linux
01% other
I thought you were looking at the web site stats. Then I show up in both the mac and windows catagories.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Ok I just read in the September 29th issue of U.S. News (page 34), very reputable, that Macs are less than 10% of the market, since PC's are 90%, so Mac has to share 10% with all the other Operating Systems...
QUOTE Thanks
ProcrasT8

When I was gathering information with regards to my PowerBook purchase a few weeks ago, (trust me, I read enough articles about PowerBook reviews to last me a lifetime) I stumbled across an article which states, if I could remember correctly, that there are probably about 3% share of Macs (or Mac users, I can't remember which) in the market. I can't recall where I read it though, so this may not be a very helpful information...
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Source: MacMinute.com

Windows dominates OS market on the Web - report
September 23, 2003 - 18:27 EDT According to Web researcher OneStat.com, Macs have a global usage share of 1.49 percent, while Microsoft's Windows (all versions) dominates the operating system market with a usage share of more than 97 percent.

My Comments: Well I think that should answer your questions.. So basically.. not a whole lot. That has actually gone up though and from everything that Gates has done with Apple we should see it continuing to go up.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

Now you see why viruses are created for the windows environment. The windows environment is a much bigger target, than then Mac OS X environment
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« NAPP to open PhotoshopWorld to public, offer free training | An error »