Specs:
    Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
    Your thoughts on new Willy Wonka movie.
    While your waiting for your post to be replied to or waiting to for new threads, waste a minute for mine, why don't ya.

I'm a child a heart, so I'm interested in the new Willy Wonka movie. Come on, who here has not fantasized about being at Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, when they were younger. Yep, that's what I thought. This new version of the movie is kind of futuristic looking, though. Your thoughts, anyone? Does it look like something you would like? Or do you think the old movie is still going to be the best?

Watch the trailer:
    http://chocolatefactorymovie.warnerbros.com/

Specs:
    MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
    I was pretty excited when I heard that Tim Burton and Johnny Depp were making a remake of "Willy Wonka". I own the original on DVD, and I used to watch it on tape all the time when I was a kid. Its a great movie, and I think the remake will be good. It looks typical of Burton, the movie has a dark look to it. Johnny Depp is a great actor. The remake has everything going for it.

Specs:
    You're right about it having a dark look to it. I just wonder what the Oompah-Loompahs look like. I didn't even know that was Johnny Depp in the first couple of seconds of the trailer.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenredfield
    I was pretty excited when I heard that Tim Burton and Johnny Depp were making a remake of "Willy Wonka". I own the original on DVD, and I used to watch it on tape all the time when I was a kid. Its a great movie, and I think the remake will be good. It looks typical of Burton, the movie has a dark look to it. Johnny Depp is a great actor. The remake has everything going for it.
    ditto, i didnt even think about the oompah loompahs. johnny depp cant be as good as gene wilder in that role, but i think he will do an incredibly good job.

Maxie
    I wish Christopher Walken could have been Willy Wonka. That would have been great. Johnny Depp is cool. Hopefully it will be ok and not another lame remake.

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    yea, I lliked the old one. I loved those oompah loompaas, I kept wondering what they must be like drunk. lol. I havent seen the trailer for the remake.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
    I can't wait to see it.. I think it's going to have a different feel to it, and might be so different that a person might need to think of it as two different movies if they are really attached to the original.. i can't wait to see it

Specs:
    I can't wait to see it either. But I wish they would have made the movie with Charlie grown up, and what's happened since he took over the factory from the first movie. Wow, I sound, like a little dorky kid again.

Thread Information