New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

The stupid Mac vs. Windows crap!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sKaD

sKaD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram

It's completely annoying!

It all starts off by Windows users going off out of nowhere saying "Macs suck" I mean, seriously, it's all on their opinion only. I used to be the same way, I convinced my cousin that Macs sucked when I didn't know crap about them, he thought they were great and all and I just bashed and bashed and he took my word because I knew a lot about PCs, but honestly nothing about Macs. So the bashers are just misinformed, I mean, look at me now! I own a Mac and I'm in dept to it! I love it!!

Anyways, I think that if the Windows people are happy with what they got they should just let it be, they don't need to change the subject of a thread to a Mac vs. Windows Debate.

I'm basically talking about another couple forums I go to.

Nothing really start with me, I'm talking about other threads I've read. Plus some that have started in threads I've been in. I mean, really I show them straight and quik.

sKaD
QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

Emrys is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

Lets see a PC user run OS X in a window

I can run Win2K in a window, no problem. I can't play Quake 2023, but I can run Office or whatever other apps I need to.

Emrys
Community Administrator / Moderator
MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!
QUOTE Thanks
sKaD

sKaD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram

How soon do you think it'll be to get 3D card support with the emulator?

sKaD
QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

Emrys is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

I have no idea. I haven't really been following VPC. But now that MS owns it, and they want to sell Windows OS's to Mac users as well, I'm sure it will surface sometime.

Emrys
Community Administrator / Moderator
MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!
QUOTE Thanks
nko

A PC running OS X in a window? Wouldn't that be Mac-on-Linux forwarding X11 through SSH to a remote PC?
QUOTE Thanks
HopperJonusFang

lol. PC's are inferior enough said really.
And yes... I have used a PC since 1999 and withink 10 minutes of using a Mac I was convinced
QUOTE Thanks
kakosc

I usually just send an mp3 recording of me saying 'computer: switch to itunes', the computer saying back 'switching to itunes' and the noise of an opening program.
they instantly shut up bagging macs out and secretly hurry off to a mac store.
Not that i really care who uses what machine, im not steve jobs. It just really annoys me when pc users just bag out macs.
QUOTE Thanks
silentraven

i was a PC user all my life, ever since i was born i've had one. started building my own at the tender age of 6. it's almost 16 years later, and i can't believe i'm in love with my Mac. As i was growing up, my dad told me they weren't any good. I had never used a Mac, but i kept bashing it, even refusing to use one at the school i went to. I found a bunch of Apple stickers (the multicolored one), and i used to put them on things and cross them out. I started going to Art School in 2000 majoring in Graphic Design, and we had to use the Mac Labs. The first couple of times, i hated having to go to the Mac Lab for class. Then after a few times i started enjoying the look of them, and the ease of use. I found myself never going to another lab at school. If a PC lab was open and a Mac lab wasn't, i'd wait for the Mac lab to open so i could go use it. But yeah, now i own a Dual 2GHz G5, 23" Cinema Display and a 30GB iPod...and i wouldnt want it any other way
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

there are a lot of people i know like you raven. they didnt realise how good macs are cause they refused to try one.

QUOTE Thanks
BimmerBoy

i have to say in my own personal opinion i believe pc's and mac's to be great in their own way. I like the depth of customization and programability within windows but macs are simple, clean, and powerful. I always found it funny that Apple created all these ad's bagging on PC's and PC kind of ignored it because they had the user base.
I respect both systems for what they can do.
only thing that really bothers me is the lack of software for mac's. Makes me want to break out VPC.

As to the comment about video support on VPC, I would love to know how much that application can handle. I just bought a pc game which is pretty cpu intensive and would love to put it on my mac via VPC, if it can handle it,,,,
Any thoughts on this?
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoy
i have to say in my own personal opinion i believe pc's and mac's to be great in their own way. I like the depth of customization and programability within windows but macs are simple, clean, and powerful. I always found it funny that Apple created all these ad's bagging on PC's and PC kind of ignored it because they had the user base.
I respect both systems for what they can do.
only thing that really bothers me is the lack of software for mac's. Makes me want to break out VPC.

As to the comment about video support on VPC, I would love to know how much that application can handle. I just bought a pc game which is pretty cpu intensive and would love to put it on my mac via VPC, if it can handle it,,,,
Any thoughts on this?
I found the apple ads funny to, ah.. always good to have a laugh at the PCs share.

What lack of software for macs?

Your VPC won't beable to emulate graphics. The best game ive been able to play on a pc is some robinhood game looks like it came from the mid 90s and it was even to laggy for me.

I seriously and honestly believe that people only bought PCs because they were cheaper than Mac. They didn't do research they didn't think much about it, they saw a price. That was all they needed to get sold. People bought it then had to spring for more money and got alot of headache. I would say of the people switching computers 98% is PC to Mac, the rest is Linux to Mac, Unix to mac, Unix to Linux, and Mac to PC.

PC really doesn't in my eyes have anything over mac... honestly name 1 thing a PC can do that a macintosh cannot do. (note: lack of software is a poor argument any program non-game that is any good is ported to mac)
QUOTE Thanks
StarManta

Graphite: games.
Games and price are the only two legitimate reasons not to use a mac that I know of. I had tried to use a Mac a few times over the years, but never on OS X.... that's what it took to sell me on it. When I bought a Powerbook for Digital Design, I was hooked within a week. Games are a small price to pay for such a great OS.
QUOTE Thanks
GwiDan

There's one very good app. I haven't been able to find for Mac: an MS Paint alternative. It's one of the most useful pieces of software I've come across, but there doesn't seem to be a Mac version.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

No, there is no mac version, but there are better things on mac than the PC version of MS Paint.. I have used MS Paint and it is little worse than ClairisWorks 6 Paint option.

Also I know Versiontracker has loads of Painting programs... not to mention I believe there is an OpenSource Photoshop project.. if its not yet released it will be.

StarManta, there is no game for PC that a Macintosh could not run if it were ported. Besides there aren't really any games for PC only that I would want to play that are not for Macintosh.

and so i still wait for something pc has over mac.

Btw, gwidan, i noticed your signature, if your into film enter yourself into Mac-Forums Film Festival
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
and so i still wait for something pc has over mac.
what about Drag and Drop?

LOL

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« isight inquiries | Steam and counterstrike fans! »