New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

When i plug in my earphones to my G5 it takes ages to switch the audio over

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

solidstalin

solidstalin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac G5

But on my OS 9 it takes about 3 seconds, what should i do?
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

Have you got VLC installed, I've heard that it can cause audio out problems. When did the problem start ? Have you installed any new software recently ?
QUOTE Thanks
solidstalin

I have got VLC installed, i installed it recently, the problem presented itself when i got my G5, before i installed VLC, should i delete it?
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

No, If the problem started before you installed VLC then it can't be that program.

Have you ran Apples hardware test recently ? and have you got the latest firmware installed. Check this out at http://www.apple.com/support/powermac/ .
QUOTE Thanks
solidstalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bobbins
No, If the problem started before you installed VLC then it can't be that program.

Have you ran Apples hardware test recently ? and have you got the latest firmware installed. Check this out at http://www.apple.com/support/powermac/ .

Firmware?
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Check this out :
http://search.info.apple.com/?search...mg5&q=firmware
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Hold on a minute, the G5's have got digital out and system sound out haven't they ? Maybe this is part of the problem. Open the system preferences and click on the output tab, have a look which one is selected and mess about with the settings to see if it helps.

As you can tell I don't have a G5 (Well, a G5 imac I have) so I can only suggest things. Sorry if I'm not helping much but then at least it will keep the thread active. Maybe someone who owns a G5 will come along and know what the problem is !!
QUOTE Thanks
solidstalin

Okay, lol thanks alot anyway
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Just noticed something. You haven't got a G5 but an imac G5 right.? Maybe you should start another thread but then with imac G5 otherwise people will think (like I did) that your talking about the Powermac G5 models as they are usually just called G5's..

With my imac G5 I don't have this problem. How long does it actually take ? are we talking about minutes or seconds and what program are you using, try itunes out as with that program I don't have any problems myself !!
QUOTE Thanks
solidstalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bobbins
Just noticed something. You haven't got a G5 but an imac G5 right.? Maybe you should start another thread but then with imac G5 otherwise people will think (like I did) that your talking about the Powermac G5 models as they are usually just called G5's..

With my imac G5 I don't have this problem. How long does it actually take ? are we talking about minutes or seconds and what program are you using, try itunes out as with that program I don't have any problems myself !!
Okay dude, im such a n00b, i thought that powermac and imac G5's are the same thing....

Bacically, everytime i plug them in, any programme that plays audio just has the loading thing up until i switch to another window..

It takes about 2 minutes
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Commercials | Symbol font with computer icons »