Specs:
    Imac G5
    When i plug in my earphones to my Imac G5 it takes ages to switch the audio over
    But on my OS 9 it takes about 3 seconds, what should i do?

Have you got VLC installed, I've heard that it can cause audio out problems. When did the problem start ? Have you installed any new software recently ?

Specs:
    Imac G5
    I have got VLC installed, i installed it recently, the problem presented itself when i got my G5, before i installed VLC, should i delete it?

No, If the problem started before you installed VLC then it can't be that program.

Have you ran Apples hardware test recently ? and have you got the latest firmware installed. Check this out at http://www.apple.com/support/powermac/ .

Specs:
    Imac G5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bobbins
    No, If the problem started before you installed VLC then it can't be that program.

Have you ran Apples hardware test recently ? and have you got the latest firmware installed. Check this out at http://www.apple.com/support/powermac/ .

Firmware?

Hold on a minute, the G5's have got digital out and system sound out haven't they ? Maybe this is part of the problem. Open the system preferences and click on the output tab, have a look which one is selected and mess about with the settings to see if it helps.

As you can tell I don't have a G5 (Well, a G5 imac I have) so I can only suggest things. Sorry if I'm not helping much but then at least it will keep the thread active. Maybe someone who owns a G5 will come along and know what the problem is !!

Specs:
    Imac G5
    Okay, lol thanks alot anyway

Just noticed something. You haven't got a G5 but an imac G5 right.? Maybe you should start another thread but then with imac G5 otherwise people will think (like I did) that your talking about the Powermac G5 models as they are usually just called G5's..

With my imac G5 I don't have this problem. How long does it actually take ? are we talking about minutes or seconds and what program are you using, try itunes out as with that program I don't have any problems myself !!

Specs:
    Imac G5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bobbins
    Just noticed something. You haven't got a G5 but an imac G5 right.? Maybe you should start another thread but then with imac G5 otherwise people will think (like I did) that your talking about the Powermac G5 models as they are usually just called G5's..

With my imac G5 I don't have this problem. How long does it actually take ? are we talking about minutes or seconds and what program are you using, try itunes out as with that program I don't have any problems myself !!
    Okay dude, im such a n00b, i thought that powermac and imac G5's are the same thing....

Bacically, everytime i plug them in, any programme that plays audio just has the loading thing up until i switch to another window..

It takes about 2 minutes

Thread Information