New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

What's your occupation??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

I'm the chairman of a large software company not far from Seattle, WA. I dropped out of college to start the company about 30 years ago, and we've done quite well. Our clients include Dell, HP, IBM, and Gateway. We also develop a few Mac applications.

:mac:
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Which apps technologist?
QUOTE Thanks
Dark Matter

Dark Matter is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0 Ghz, 2 gigs RAM, 160 gig H.D.

I'm a welder.
Looks like 245_Trioxin (the paper mill guy) and myself aren't too typical of the people posting on this thread.
Everybody else seems to work in graphics/programming/office work etc. or is going to school.
Anyway, computers (PCs) have been a hobby for me for some years, I've made and sold quite a few.
My Powerbook should arrive tomorrow and it'll be my first MAC, can't wait to try out OS/X!
I can tell you I haven't been this excited about a new computer since maybe the very first one I bought or the first one I put together myself.
This is my favourite Mac related forum and I've read through a pretty fair amount of it. I'm sure it'll all come in handy as I get to know my MAC and OS/X.
Cheers!
QUOTE Thanks
ByzantineRemnant

ByzantineRemnant will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4

Im a Retail Manager.
QUOTE Thanks
Beatles4Life

Beatles4Life is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Norwood is a 15 inch MacBook Pro from September 2010 with 10.9 - yay!

I'm a sophomore in college. I'm majoring in Espa˝ol and minoring in Franšais. My short- term goal is to be a translator, and my long-term goal is to be a diplomat or ambassador.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
hmm girl eh?
Yup, I'm a girl too. :flower:

"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John Lennon.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn
Which apps technologist?
:mac: :mac: I was joking. :mac: :mac:
QUOTE Thanks
kiwimac

As well as being an at home mum looking after my 3 children :flower: I own and manage a cleaning company.
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

Just plain ol' student. and part time pc repair guy and configure-yourself-pc dude.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologist
:mac: :mac: I was joking. :mac: :mac:
Bummer
QUOTE Thanks
shift

shift is on a distinguished road

During weekday mornings I am a fisherman.
On weekday nights, I find ladies and go to the boom boom room
On the weekends I drive by Michael Dells home and pee on the bush by his security gates, oh and then I flip my middle finger to his security camera.
On weekend nights, I e-mail Bill Gates and tell him to make a new version game of Monopoly.

Tell you the truth, that bush that I pee on is more greener then his grass.
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

Just an average kind of guy then. :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
Slilock

Slilock is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Buying One Soon...

I'm in the U.S. Air Force.
QUOTE Thanks
alexmaccoll

alexmaccoll is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slilock
I'm in the U.S. Air Force.
Wow - what abouts do you do there?
Alex
QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

slilock - you had to go over to Iraq or is that only army forces?
QUOTE Thanks
*SquALED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Matter
I'm a welder.
Looks like 245_Trioxin (the paper mill guy) and myself aren't too typical of the people posting on this thread.
Everybody else seems to work in graphics/programming/office work etc. or is going to school.
Anyway, computers (PCs) have been a hobby for me for some years, I've made and sold quite a few.
My Powerbook should arrive tomorrow and it'll be my first MAC, can't wait to try out OS/X!
I can tell you I haven't been this excited about a new computer since maybe the very first one I bought or the first one I put together myself.
This is my favourite Mac related forum and I've read through a pretty fair amount of it. I'm sure it'll all come in handy as I get to know my MAC and OS/X.
Cheers!
Hi Dark Matter, You said about yourself and 242_Trioxin being in the minority....add one more..I'm a welder too....Worked on Rolls Royce jet engines when I lived in the UK. Now weld pipelines here in Oz.. ..Mainly TIG. You seem pretty much like me....Comps are a hobby for me too, messed around building/selling pcs for a few years and just got my 1st Mac the other day...Sq
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Happy Easter | Fun Game »