New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

will world of warcraft run on a ibook ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jsb515

jsb515 is on a distinguished road

I plan on getting a ibook g4 (12" screen one) with a ram upgrade, will world of warcraft work on this laptop ? just wondering :bomb:
QUOTE Thanks
Danster

Yes but very very VERY badly. Check my mac specs and I get alot of Lag (not due to my connection although I do need a RAM upgrade.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Um actually I will not be surprised if right now that ibook doesn't run it better than ur iMac (pretiger)..

With your RAM upgrade (max it out for best preformance long term), it will be less slow after a while in the game... and if u lower the graphics alot, it might even be pretty quick. Tiger may make this even faster... for the G5s it will for-sure... the G4s slightly for the highend models, low end (like my 800mhz, might be a tad slower)
QUOTE Thanks
jsb515

that would be great if it worked and ran descent lol I could take a bubble bath and play wow at the same time ! (just kidding) has anyone played wow on their ibook 12 ?
QUOTE Thanks
Danster

I'm gonna order 512 of RAM for my iMac(Bonus came through ) will this get rid of alot of the lag i'm experiencing with the game?
QUOTE Thanks
jsb515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danster
I'm gonna order 512 of RAM for my iMac(Bonus came through ) will this get rid of alot of the lag i'm experiencing with the game?
more ram is always better ofcourse but try lowering details. :doctor:
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

My Mac mini is similar in specs to an iBook, it runs on my mac mini with 512mb ram. It doesn't run amazing, but it is playable.

WoW loves the ram.
QUOTE Thanks
jsb515

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis
My Mac mini is similar in specs to an iBook, it runs on my mac mini with 512mb ram. It doesn't run amazing, but it is playable.

WoW loves the ram.

and we love blizzard for making their games ready for mac be nice if most companys did that. Put the pc and mac version on one disc. Sorry I got off topic a little but thanks for the info. I will be doing a major upgrade to the ram once I get my ibook.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb515
and we love blizzard for making their games ready for mac be nice if most companys did that. Put the pc and mac version on one disc. Sorry I got off topic a little but thanks for the info. I will be doing a major upgrade to the ram once I get my ibook.
I wish they would have went to a little more trouble to make it run better on Macs, you can get by running WoW on a much lesser PC.
QUOTE Thanks
digisam

although its a bit late, i have just got a new 12inch ibook 1.33, and was desperate to try wow out.

moving from a dual g5 i weasnt expecting much but it plays great (bumped up ram to 1.5g cos everyone says thats the best way to get the most out of wow)

its obviously not as great as the g5 (turned off glows and terrain distance) but other than that its peachy

ironforge gets a bit jumpy at times but it does on my g5 as well

now i can wow on the toilet

bliss
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

I have yet to see a comp that IF doesn't suck on. Desktops with Raptors or Raid 0 Arrays are better then most but still not perfect.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« a little help? | Strange Sounds when computer is off? »