New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

I got jobs!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

So I was sitting in class on Monday really worried about my job prospects for the summer. Tuesday comes around and I find out that I got the judicial externship! Typically most people get to shadow one judge, but I was one of the two special people that will be getting the opportunity to shadow two judges.

Now I'm thinking I'm set for the summer. Well today I walked into my career services office to find that I got two jobs at the District Attorney's office! Now I can't take the one I was offered for the summer since it's a conflict of interest with the job at the court, however I got an offer for the Fall as well. It's gonna be at the DNA panel, so I get to do all that fun CSI stuff.

I went from having no job over the summer to being employed from now till the end of the year. It's been a good week

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
NICE

NICE is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 20" 1.9ghz PPC 2gb Ram,250gb HD

good luck
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
So I was sitting in class on Monday really worried about my job prospects for the summer. Tuesday comes around and I find out that I got the judicial externship! Typically most people get to shadow one judge, but I was one of the two special people that will be getting the opportunity to shadow two judges.

Now I'm thinking I'm set for the summer. Well today I walked into my career services office to find that I got two jobs at the District Attorney's office! Now I can't take the one I was offered for the summer since it's a conflict of interest with the job at the court, however I got an offer for the Fall as well. It's gonna be at the DNA panel, so I get to do all that fun CSI stuff.

I went from having no job over the summer to being employed from now till the end of the year. It's been a good week
I've had a good week too. I got accepted to teacher's college today to start after I finish my MA!

Sorry, I hope I didn't hijack your thread.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Congrats Kash! Sounds great!
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Good job Kash and vansmith

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

congrats

QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
I've had a good week too. I got accepted to teacher's college today to start after I finish my MA!

Sorry, I hope I didn't hijack your thread.
That's awesome, congrats!

I still have SBA and fraternity elections this week. Hopefully my luck carries through the weekend

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Same to you. For such a bad economy, you seemed to have fared really well.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

That is great news - couldn't have happened to a nicer person!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Hey Kash - that's some good stuff coming your way. Sounds pretty darn cool!! I'm glad for ya.

and Congrats on your acceptance vansmith.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
DR_K13

DR_K13 is on a distinguished road

QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

sounds like you are going to doing something you like! congrats!!!

QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Congratulations and I wish you luck on your new job.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Game: Word Association | YouTube got turned upside down... »