New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Windows users ignorant? Or are Mac users arrogant?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iDVFH.

Which you think it is?
QUOTE Thanks
dan828

dan828 is a jewel in the roughdan828 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iPad 32 GB 3G

Come on, how can you fit several million people into those categories? I'd really like it explained to me were this "Cult of the Mac" developed. A computer is a tool, not a religion. These discussions border on the rediculous. Yes, to placate your ego, your computer is nice. But owning it doesn't make you more intellegent, hipper, cooler, or part of the in crowd. It means you bought a computer.
QUOTE Thanks
iDVFH.

I never said it made me any of those things. But everyone knows, and it will continue forever that you do sort of develop a Bias towards Windows users and they do the same. Not all feel that way but many doo..go into a Mac and PC chat and you tell me what you think..
QUOTE Thanks
Danster

It's like supporting a footbal team, which team do you support?

Windows just tend to fall on their arses all the time while the apple team are super fit and have the best tactics. :p
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I'm sure there are arrogant Mac users and ignorant PC users. But I'm also sure there are arrogant PC users and ignorant Mac users.

I really don't understand the point of the poll?

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb
I'm sure there are arrogant Mac users and ignorant PC users. But I'm also sure there are arrogant PC users and ignorant Mac users.

I really don't understand the point of the poll?
Awesome way of putting it!
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

In my experience, it seems most windows users are ignorant about mac saying things like mac sucks, when I ask why, they say because it does having never used one. there are just as many ignorant people on mac as there is on pc. I havent seen a lot of arrogant mac owners, not in the way of " Im smarter cause I use a mac", but I have seen it in comparing hardware and os integration/performance. though I must say that windows users are usually ignorant about more in general than mac users.
QUOTE Thanks
Eleven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan828
Yes, to placate your ego, your computer is nice. But owning it doesn't make you more intellegent, hipper, cooler, or part of the in crowd..
Whatever you like, own or afford is a reflection of what/who you are.

As much as I agree the stuff you own doesn't define you as a person the person you are defines the choices you make.

And the better person you are the better choices you make.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Some windows users are just plain stubborn and in a denial IMO
QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

Quote:
Originally Posted by witeshark
Some windows users are just plain stubborn and in a denial IMO
The same thing could be said for some Mac users...
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

On the forums, we mostly hear about people having to defend themselves from windows users. You don't usually see mac users going up to windows users saying, "Windows Suck". I would never do it, but some of you might, not sure.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Plenty of both on both sides.
QUOTE Thanks
IChing

A more interesting poll would be who owns both, apple and windows?
who has linux, windows, apple etc. I have both. I liked my pc, overclocking it, adding hardware, gaming, tweaking it which gave me an additional source of income fixing others, etc but I'm more productive in other areas on my powerbook, photoshop, writing, etc.

I think a lot of people here have and use both so
am I more arrogant? The question is loaded and biased.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Neither, everybody chooses what they like best, even if that isn't what you would choose it doesn't make it a bad decision. This world would be a really boring place if everybody thought the same.
QUOTE Thanks
dan828

dan828 is a jewel in the roughdan828 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iPad 32 GB 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven
Whatever you like, own or afford is a reflection of what/who you are.

As much as I agree the stuff you own doesn't define you as a person the person you are defines the choices you make.

And the better person you are the better choices you make.
No. What you own or afford is a reflection of what you buy. If you are buying things to present an image to the outside world then I'm thinkiing you might have a bit of a complex. The "I own a Mac or a BMW or a Rolex" so I'm better than you thinking is pretty ****ed silly if you ask me. I buy things I want and will use and pretty much care less what everyone else feels about it.

If someone looks at my Mac and tells me I'm stupid for buying it then I'd think that the person is jumping on some sort of bandwagon to get an emotional charge and make himself feel better. Hey, good for him, but I'm not going to want to spend time around someone so shallow.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Speed vs. Memory | Icreate the magazine for mac users »