Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Schweb's Lounge (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/)
-   -   Windows users ignorant? Or are Mac users arrogant? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/14527-windows-users-ignorant-mac-users-arrogant.html)

iDVFH. 02-19-2005 03:49 PM

Windows users ignorant? Or are Mac users arrogant?

Which you think it is?

dan828 02-19-2005 03:53 PM

Come on, how can you fit several million people into those categories? I'd really like it explained to me were this "Cult of the Mac" developed. A computer is a tool, not a religion. These discussions border on the rediculous. Yes, to placate your ego, your computer is nice. But owning it doesn't make you more intellegent, hipper, cooler, or part of the in crowd. It means you bought a computer.

iDVFH. 02-19-2005 03:55 PM

I never said it made me any of those things. But everyone knows, and it will continue forever that you do sort of develop a Bias towards Windows users and they do the same. Not all feel that way but many doo..go into a Mac and PC chat and you tell me what you think..

Danster 02-19-2005 04:18 PM

It's like supporting a footbal team, which team do you support?

Windows just tend to fall on their arses all the time while the apple team are super fit and have the best tactics. :p

schweb 02-19-2005 04:23 PM

I'm sure there are arrogant Mac users and ignorant PC users. But I'm also sure there are arrogant PC users and ignorant Mac users.

I really don't understand the point of the poll?

ApplejustWorks 02-19-2005 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schweb
I'm sure there are arrogant Mac users and ignorant PC users. But I'm also sure there are arrogant PC users and ignorant Mac users.

I really don't understand the point of the poll?

Awesome way of putting it!

Macman 02-19-2005 05:11 PM

In my experience, it seems most windows users are ignorant about mac saying things like mac sucks, when I ask why, they say because it does having never used one. there are just as many ignorant people on mac as there is on pc. I havent seen a lot of arrogant mac owners, not in the way of " Im smarter cause I use a mac", but I have seen it in comparing hardware and os integration/performance. though I must say that windows users are usually ignorant about more in general than mac users.

Eleven 02-19-2005 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan828
Yes, to placate your ego, your computer is nice. But owning it doesn't make you more intellegent, hipper, cooler, or part of the in crowd..

Whatever you like, own or afford is a reflection of what/who you are.

As much as I agree the stuff you own doesn't define you as a person the person you are defines the choices you make.

And the better person you are the better choices you make.

witeshark 02-19-2005 05:52 PM

Some windows users are just plain stubborn and in a denial IMO

meltbanana314 02-19-2005 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by witeshark
Some windows users are just plain stubborn and in a denial IMO

The same thing could be said for some Mac users...

iWhat 02-19-2005 06:22 PM

On the forums, we mostly hear about people having to defend themselves from windows users. You don't usually see mac users going up to windows users saying, "Windows Suck". I would never do it, but some of you might, not sure.

technologist 02-19-2005 07:35 PM

Plenty of both on both sides.

IChing 02-19-2005 10:14 PM

A more interesting poll would be who owns both, apple and windows?
who has linux, windows, apple etc. I have both. I liked my pc, overclocking it, adding hardware, gaming, tweaking it which gave me an additional source of income fixing others, etc but I'm more productive in other areas on my powerbook, photoshop, writing, etc.

I think a lot of people here have and use both so
am I more arrogant? The question is loaded and biased.

mynameis 02-19-2005 10:24 PM

Neither, everybody chooses what they like best, even if that isn't what you would choose it doesn't make it a bad decision. This world would be a really boring place if everybody thought the same.

dan828 02-19-2005 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleven
Whatever you like, own or afford is a reflection of what/who you are.

As much as I agree the stuff you own doesn't define you as a person the person you are defines the choices you make.

And the better person you are the better choices you make.

No. What you own or afford is a reflection of what you buy. If you are buying things to present an image to the outside world then I'm thinkiing you might have a bit of a complex. The "I own a Mac or a BMW or a Rolex" so I'm better than you thinking is pretty ****ed silly if you ask me. I buy things I want and will use and pretty much care less what everyone else feels about it.

If someone looks at my Mac and tells me I'm stupid for buying it then I'd think that the person is jumping on some sort of bandwagon to get an emotional charge and make himself feel better. Hey, good for him, but I'm not going to want to spend time around someone so shallow.