New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Open Source Community Developing Their Own Viruses

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Open Source Community Developing Their Own Viruses
Blogged by Meryl @ 07:43AM / Linkback

Open source developers plan to challenge Microsoft's dominance in the world of viruses by developing their own through the Open Virus Project (OVP), and unlike proprietary Microsoft viruses, the open source versions will infect across all platforms.

http://www.bbspot.com/News/2003/08/o...rce_virus.html
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I don't think Brian Briggs has done his homework on this subject. This must be a joke. If he had gone to any security site. He would have found taht Linux has it fair share of security holes also. All modern operating systems have some sort security problem. I receive more than 15 security alerts a day on various favors of operating systems with some type of security flaw. Yes, M$ is the biggest problem, but everyone has a problem from time to time. Mr Brian Briggs, should do better research before he write any thing like this. Unless this is a joke, which I think it is.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all

*grin* yeah when I first read it.. I felt the same I just had to post it since that site is like hmm.. I cant remember the other satirical website's name hmm.. anyways if you go down to the footer of the page you'll see that it's a joke site The part that made me realize it was a joke was when I got down to the bottom of the article it said:

"The Justice Department has started investigations into the virus monopoly by Microsoft."

That's when I realized.. this has got to be a joke!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Okay, okay, I only read the first few lines of the article.

I think you are thinking of the onion.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

yeah the Onion
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Onion I know that! Madison man

ok, so if its not a joke, were screwed.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
Onion I know that! Madison man

ok, so if its not a joke, were screwed.
If there are security problem in OS X. I think Apple will be on top of it. I don't think they want M$ reputation.
QUOTE Thanks
nko

I'm willing to bet there are plenty of OS X exploits, but Apple's on it all like rugby players on a scrawny little scared guy . When I first set up my iMac, there were security updates. Like, 3 of them.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Yeah apple will counter any security flaws they find before telling us about them and even before anyone else finds them. I expect an update of Panther about a week or two after its released. We should just be happy we have an OS that takes care of its consumers. I know M$ still hasn't combatted half of all their errors, bugs, and security holes.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« One minute silence | iPod's Future »