New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

How careful are you with your Electronics?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Andy348

Andy348 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130

1 being you leave your iPhone in your pocket with change and keys, you throw your MacBook and don't really care about it.
10 being you have your iPhone in a case from the first 10 seconds you bought it, you don't put it down on anything and your Mac you have a case that NEVER comes off.

I'm more of an 8. If someone comes within a 2 foot radius of my electronics, I know. =]
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Probably a 7 or an 8.

My MacBook doesn't leave the house (or my bedroom) much, and my N95 is in a really nice Noreve leather case.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

I have an iMac so I dont carry it. I dont have a phone either.

My most prized possession is really my Citizen Quartz watch, and my Nikon EM, and I keep great care of those. Probably about an 8

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Español. Oui, je parle français. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks
G3XOI

G3XOI is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM

I dunno I start at a 10 and then slowly it decreases xD.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3XOI View Post
Same, but I never bought a case for my iPhone. It's a crime to buy such a beautiful device and ugly/fatten it up with some case. It's seen better days, minor surface scratches, but it still looks pretty stunning.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

it depends. thinks like iphones/ipods/cellphones in general are indeed tossed into the pockets.. I have a sleeve for my mbp that gets used in the backpack, the lenovo gets tossed in though

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Depends what it is, really. I treat certain electronics better than others. I baby my musical equipment.

My laptop, I don't really care about.. Well, it's not like I try to break it, but if it did, I wouldn't care.

My cell phone is a cheap pay-as-you-go phone, so that literally gets thrown about sometimes.

CDs/DVDs/vidja games, I baby as well. I bothers the HECK out of me if some one comes over, pulls a game out, plays, goes to switch it and LEAVES the previous disk on the shelf, ot puts it in the game case of the new game they just put it.
QUOTE Thanks
G3XOI

G3XOI is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArt View Post
CDs/DVDs/vidja games, I baby as well. I bothers the HECK out of me if some one comes over, pulls a game out, plays, goes to switch it and LEAVES the previous disk on the shelf, ot puts it in the game case of the new game they just put it.

Yeah that annoys the **** outta me toO!
QUOTE Thanks
HowGudAmI

HowGudAmI will become famous soon enough

each of my products are different, 10 for my imac (its new) 3 for my 5th gen video (its scratched anyway) and about 8 for my iphone
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

for my mbp probably an 8, I have a case for it and I try not to damage it as much as I can, I'm even careful with my backpack (yeah, wow), but not as far as to be careful on what kind of surface i put it on or never touch the screen I'm not so careful with my thinkpad t40 (pretty old huh), never used a sleeve or hard-case for that, it's indestructible

and my phone? a 0 it's an old Nokia and I can't seem to get myself to get a new one, it just keeps going on and I literally throw it around and it has met my keys a few times
QUOTE Thanks
Dylanyouto

Dylanyouto is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4ghz MacBook Aluminum/ 16GB IPod Touch :D

I would say I am an 7.

Mainly due to the fact that when I have a device that is used for a long period of time I tend to not baby it so much. For example my old PC laptop was my baby when I first got it but as it wore down I still kept it in good condition but I will not freak out if I see someone goes in my room with out me in there.

Now my new setup is very well protected . I don't let people ever get a drink on or with like 3 feet of my desk (not to be rude just to protect my things). As for my Macbook I also make sure its in a case when taking it somewhere. I used to keep my ipod touch in a case but once I saw that it was getting surface scratches from the case as well I will use it out of the case when its in my pocket.

I always clean the screens of my electronics about once a week and try to keep everything nice and shiny
QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

blackmac11 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3XOI View Post
Who dosn't? lol

I'm probably about a 9 with my touch. It has a case, screen protector, and I am reluctant to give it to other people to play around with. When I get my Macbook Pro, I'll most likely be an 11

l
I’ll keep it short and sweet — Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I am probably a 9-10. I am very careful with all my electronics.
QUOTE Thanks
calenerd

calenerd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac

An 8 for my iMac, a 3 for my Sony Ericsson handpone since its old and scuffed up and still does its job pretty well, and perhaps a 6 for my iPod since I don't really both much bout it as its wrapped up in a plastic shield.

The dark is passion, the light is logic.
QUOTE Thanks
Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV

7. I'm quite a bit more careful than the average person. I spaz if someone touches my screen. I keep a microfiber dusting cloth at my desk so I can wipe stuff off as it appears without leaving marks. But I'm not a neat freak. A few cosmetic problems here and there don't bother me so I don't go to great lengths to make sure everything is perfect.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Where do you play online Poker? | How many people are in college right now or have gone to college in the past 10 yrs? »