New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Explain Lost

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JRV

JRV will become famous soon enough

Can anyone explain Lost in a nutshell? I bailed on that show way back when they never answered any questions. Were any of the questions answered?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Think Gilligan's Island, only not funny.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

lol - think I bailed on it at the end of Season 2, maybe before - same reason, got tired of waiting for answers that never came - only had new questions

And I just bought the complete Gilligan's Island on DVD a couple of weeks ago. Amazon had it on sale for like $25 one day.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
JRV

JRV will become famous soon enough

I only ask because tonight I saw a recap episode and apparently they are off the island now but some were still on and they were time traveling via time shifts.

WTF?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

It's one of those shows you have to really invest yourself in to appreciate. If you haven't seen every single episode from the beginning, you aren't going to enjoy it since you won't understand most of what's going on.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
clint1986

clint1986 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" eMac 1.42 GHz G4, Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger"

I'll have a go.

It's not real! :o
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Think Gilligan's Island, only not funny.
More like this:

60% - Gilligan's Island
20% - Random Overly-Dramatic Univision Novellas
10% - 1970's Generic Disaster Movie
9% - Excuse for Network to Use Digital Effects in a TV Show
1% - William Golding's Lord of the Flies in an attempt to give the show a faint glimmer of credibility

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Spooky sci-fi drama on an island.
Boring torture drama on an island.
Mystery drama on an island.
Pointless drama both on and off an island.
Repeat as necessicary until all actors get DUI's or big heads and leave the cast.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

blackmac11 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

well, 6 people got off the island, but the remainder still on the island are screwed because they keep getting thrown around in different time dimensions, so the people who left have to come back to save the people still on the inland from being combusted by the constant time traveling.

understand now?

l
I’ll keep it short and sweet — Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Actually, 7 got off the island. Wait, 8. Wait, 9. Yeah, 9 I think, but 3 weren't part of the Oceanic flight.

Understand now??? (read with sarcasm)

It's an ultra-complex storyline that is not helped by the fact that the last 3 season have only had like 10 episodes each spaced way too far apart. I've seen every episode and I'm still not 100% on what there is to know.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

The Simpsons episode "Das Bus" did it a lot better and a lot more entertainingly.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

blackmac11 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Actually, 7 got off the island. Wait, 8. Wait, 9. Yeah, 9 I think, but 3 weren't part of the Oceanic flight.

Understand now??? (read with sarcasm)

It's an ultra-complex storyline that is not helped by the fact that the last 3 season have only had like 10 episodes each spaced way too far apart. I've seen every episode and I'm still not 100% on what there is to know.
True
I was just thinking of the main 6 who "went public"

l
I’ll keep it short and sweet — Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns
QUOTE Thanks
J.Fo

J.Fo is a jewel in the roughJ.Fo is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, late 2012 model, 21"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRV View Post
Can anyone explain Lost in a nutshell? I bailed on that show way back when they never answered any questions. Were any of the questions answered?
Yes, many of the show's questions have been answered. However many questions still remain in the show's final two seasons. What's interesting is that the current season is asking fewer questions than the previous ones, a sign that the writers are gearing up for the end of the show.
QUOTE Thanks
jking

jking is on a distinguished road

No offense to the OP, but I never did understand the folks who bailed simply because they weren't giving answers. If you didn't like the show that's one thing, but you have to think of Lost as basically a book. It has a beginning and an end. You either read a book from beginning to end and enjoy it for what it is, you don't like the book because it doesn't interest you and therefore give up on it (in which case, why try to pick the book back up and resume 100 pages later?), or you skip to the last page and find out who the murderer is.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Lost, the way it's been done is nothing like a book. With a book you have the entire book and you can read it as fast or as slow as you like.

Lost became disappointing. There were new questions every episode. But, after the first two years, not a single answer to the questions raised from the beginning. It appeared that even the writers didn't have a clue where the story was headed. That was enough for me.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't read a murder mystery or suspense thriller a chapter at a time over the course of 3 or 4 years. Not going to watch a TV show that by the time you get the answers, you've forgotten the questions either.

I really liked the show. But now, I'll do the same with it I do with 24. Wait until the whole thing is out on DVD. Then I can watch as fast or as slow as I like. No three month wait between seasons hoping for an answer to last season, only to find the writers didn't have one.

Although, I am glad there were plenty of other people that continued watching it. I may actually get to see the whole thing in a manner enjoyable to me at some point.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Custom Decal Wanted | Senior Citizen Choir Hip Hop »