New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

My senior project.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

leecho7

leecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram

This is my last semester at Towson University.
For my film minor, I chose to do a senior project.
In particular, a documentary about the automotive industry.
I started taking footage with my new camcorder and kind of jumbled up a concept trailer.
It is actually only supposed to be about 15 minutes, but I feel as if I can make a feature length doc about this subject matter.
Let me know what you guys think.

"Grease Monks" Trailer on Vimeo

*Can't upload it on youtube for some odd reason.*

Bismillah ihr Rhman ihr Raheem

The only way to truly learn and gain experience is from making mistakes.
Thats why I'm a friggin genius.
QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

blackmac11 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

I like it. It looks like it will be really good. Very good topic too, because right now the automotive industry seems to be a major part of America's Downfall jobwise

l
I’ll keep it short and sweet — Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns
QUOTE Thanks
leecho7

leecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram

Thanks for the input.
I've been planning to do something about this field for a while now. As luck would have it, I had everything in place to start production on it now.

QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

Looks really nice! Can't wait to see the actual thing!

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Español. Oui, je parle français. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks
Mjc.americor

Mjc.americor will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz

Yes, I am well interested in seeing the final project. Im in film school as well and this is a really interesting topic to me.

15.4" MacBook Pro Unibody
2.4GHz 4GB Ram and 500GB HD nVidia Geforce 9600
QUOTE Thanks
skye

skye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

Looks really good!

Blog- My random musings as I document the spiritual changes I go through.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1st Corinithians 3:13
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Looks cool!

- Which camera (it looks great)
- Which editor are you using?
- Sometimes the footage is just ever so slightly shaky which makes it lose its "professional" feel. Sounds like a perfect job for iMovie '09s image stabilization (or a similar plugin for Final cut - though you could just stabilize the clips in iMovie and then move them to final cut).
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post
Looks cool!

- Which camera (it looks great)
- Which editor are you using?
- Sometimes the footage is just ever so slightly shaky which makes it lose its "professional" feel. Sounds like a perfect job for iMovie '09s image stabilization (or a similar plugin for Final cut - though you could just stabilize the clips in iMovie and then move them to final cut).
I thought about the shakiness at first, but it's not always there, so I assumed it was on purpose
QUOTE Thanks
leecho7

I'm using a Panasonic AG HMC 150, shooting at 1080p/24p.
As editing software, I'm using Final Cut Studio 2.
Sorry for the shakes, but I'm literally filming while working so I don't really have the time to set up a tripod. Plus some of the scenes, especially in scenes like when one of the drive belts is being changed, is really difficult to shoot. The only means for me to do so is by hand.
I've been fooling around with the image stabilizer in FCP, but for some reason it makes it seem more artificial. Like there is some sort of plastic gloss that goes over it or something.
It looks cool, but I'm trying to make it as 'down to earth' as possible.
But I do agree, I really need to stabilize my pictures.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« competition prize idea needed | Zumbox? »