New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Possible changes to Mac line-up?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Airplane!

Airplane! is on a distinguished road

Well, I'm mainly talking about the Mac mini. 160GB max HD space is just not enough these days. It needs new processors, and more RAM standard.
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

well i think that it will be just that the new mac will just have the new ilife pre-installed on them

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
What do the desktops so desperately need?
The Mini needs 2 GB of RAM, minimum, a DVD burner as standard equipment on all models, 250/320 GB hard drives instead of the current 80/160 GB ones, faster/newer processors, and GeForce 9400M graphics or at least an Intel X3100 to replace the ancient GMA 950.

The iMac also needs 2 GB of RAM on the low end, larger hard drives across the board, newer graphics chips (the Radeon HD2xxx series is very old, and the HD2400XT is so slow it's on par with shared graphics chipsets), better processors (hopefully some quads on at least the high end config), and hopefully some price cuts.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

I agree with the above about the imacs.. But the number one thing I'd have to say is up the graphics chipset to something much more cutting edge.

And secondly I think the use of the 800mhz ram and more bus speeds etc etc. You know all those non CPU speed things that actually improve performance a heck of a lot. All that I think need a good upgrade

And if they want to up the CPU ghz, it would be nice but to me not exactly needed. I would though make the 3.0 ghz the standard though. And remove the 2.x ghz versions.

Lastly, make a Matt screened option available. It'll sell I'm sure of it.
QUOTE Thanks
gixxersean

gixxersean will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: ::24" 2.8ghz iMac w/ nVidia 8800GS::2.4Ghz Unibody Macbook::

Or maybe Best Buy has decided to drop Apple? (or vice versa)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question for Pro Videographers | pretty pathetic... »