Specs:
    Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
    Any Shortwave Listeners Here?
    So I recently got into Shortwave listening, and I have to admit that it is pretty fun. I got a Grundig G6 and was able to pick up a station from Athens, Greece and one from Albania yesterday. I just wanted to see if anyone else here was into SWLing or Ham radio.

Also, what kind of future do you think Shortwave radio has left?
    "Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OS10.12, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OS10.12 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Not sure on the future of Shortwave Radio but I love it. Have since I was very young maybe 5 or so. I sure hope it sticks around. Lot of fun over the years. I have an older Hallicrafters Triple Conversion radio (All Tubes) that was quite expensive in it's day.

Nice to see someone else interested .

Specs:
    Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
    Yeah, I hope it sticks around too. It may be inferior compared to today's technology, but it is still a fun hobby. And the fact that you can hear broadcasts from half-way around the world on a technology that old is pretty amazing. Not to mention the lunatic conspiracy theorists that populate U.S. domestic SW, they're just funny to listen to. SW is the only venue where their ideas are the mainstream.
    "Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer

ive wanted the grundig porsche shortwave radio for sooo long.
    on a similiar note: is there a USB radio that is AM/FM/SW??

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGnG View Post
    ive wanted the grundig porsche shortwave radio for sooo long.
    on a similiar note: is there a USB radio that is AM/FM/SW??
    Do you mean USB powered? I'm not sure. I know there is SW software that essentially turns your computer into a SW Receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCustomer99 View Post
    Do you mean USB powered? I'm not sure. I know there is SW software that essentially turns your computer into a SW Receiver.
    no i meant like USB hardware to listen to it on the computer. does that software need any kind of antenna??

hmm this sounds very interesting

Thread Information