New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

$20 bill adds some color

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Source: dealmac.com

$20 bill adds some color

2:35 pm ET, Sep 9, 2003

Beginning October 9, the $20 bill will be getting more colorful , reports CNN Money. Peach and blue will be added to the standard green to make it more difficult to counterfeit. The last bill to predominantly feature a color other than green was the 1905 $20 Gold Certificate , which was tinted gold.

My Notes: Wow awesome! What do you guys think of it? I have traveled quite extensively and most other countries have beautiful money, and now our can finally have a bit of flare! Now if they would change the sizes of the different notes so that they can be used more easily by the blind..
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I like the 1905 $20 Gold Certificate. The new bill will take some getting use to.
QUOTE Thanks
sKaD

sKaD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram

I've read about that a long time ago, i agree with you Murlyn, I think our money is very dull, hopefully they change more than just the $20 bill.

sKaD
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all

If you read further on down in that article it states that they are going to do the rest of the bills.. I can't wait.. we still will not have the beauty of some other currency.. like tahiti for instance, but at least there will be a little more color in our lives
QUOTE Thanks
nko

Beautiful currency would be nice, but I'll be overjoyed when new bills come out. I work at the register at Wendy's, and it'd be one less thing to think about if bills were color coded. One of those problems you don't think of as being a problem until you hear about a solution.

Kinda like using Windows, and hearing about a Mac
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Taking that one step further.. and what I kind of touched upon in the original post.. it would be nice to have different sized notes.. so for instance the $50 would be larger than the $20 note and the $20 would be larger than the $10 and so forth.. maybe not even larger in length, but in height.. just change up the sizes.. this helps us, but it also helps blind people from getting ripped off.. as it stands right now.. blind people can not use our money effectively since they can not tell which denomination is which.. they have to rely on someone else to tell them.. or rip them off.

The government requires all government websites and school websites to be accessible by people with disabilities, yet our own form of currency is not disability friendly.. it's a strange country we live in
QUOTE Thanks
nko

Definitely. Anyone have any idea why we haven't done different sized bills, or at least different looking bills?

Come to think of it, I've seen a lot of foreign currency, but I don't think I've ever seen British currency. What's that look like?
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Here you go: http://www.dcs.bbk.ac.uk/~phild/currency.html I was over there a couple years ago.. unlike everyone else, even those that live there.. I like it there
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I thought each of the bills (1, 5, 10, etc.) were a differnet thickness, so that blind people could tell the difference.

I know the longer you work with money you can feel the difference in a counterfeit and the original bill.

I assume most have seem the Daredevil movie. It was interesting how he had his money, separated into different boxes. And he placed them into his wallet, he folded each a different way.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Well there is no doubt that blind people in America are doing things like that to help them know which bill is which, but when the actual size of the denominations are different.. it makes it so much easier.. Im not sure about the thickness though.. I've never heard that one before.. it's possible...
QUOTE Thanks
rman

Size would make it easier as you said. I wonder if the new bills will be harder to counterfeit. I think we would need to be careful in the early states.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Well the article does say that it is the hardest to counterfeit to date.. but criminals are ingenious.. luckily they have that counterfeit guy on their team.. the guy from "Catch me if you can" He's a great guy to have on our team
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Im a coin collector, and I know when coinage changes styles, the older 'models' raise in value. So these two changes in like 5 years from old 20s to new 20s to newer 20s will not only boost the value of the old 20s but the middle new values alot, due to the rareness of them... So as it may be a while before i get usta it, it will spark $ in about 20 years or so
As for the blind.. I liked the idea of the dollar coin.. it was pretty cool.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Many other countries have dollar coins.. two dollar coins also.. and I tell you.. when I was over in those countries.. ugh! Talk about a pocket full of coins! My pants were falling down! After being there and doing that.. I like my dollar bills
QUOTE Thanks
rman

Take a look at the new $20 bill, click on "interactive bill"

It also shows the security features
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Why Microsoft Sucks Movie | Today we stop to remember... »