New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Sanuk sandals. Your opinions?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

calenerd

calenerd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac

I'm thinking of getting these Sanuk Donny sandals. Tried them on today and they feel pretty comfortable thought the price is kinda on the steep side. Personally, do you think they're hideous, alright or pretty? I tried them on, and think they go better with shorts or berms, looks a lil weird with my slim cut jeans.

For more of other designs, you can check out their website.

The dark is passion, the light is logic.
QUOTE Thanks
appleisgreat

appleisgreat is infamous around these parts

One of my roommates from school had them... I like them, i would rock em'
QUOTE Thanks
G3XOI

G3XOI is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM

I've got a pair and I love them, they're really comfy and look great! What more can you ask for?! xD.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i think they're a bit ugly, but this is coming from osmeone who regularly uses a pair of steel toe timberland work books that have the laces tied permanently in a very loose fashion so i can use them as "slip-on" shoes.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
appleisgreat

appleisgreat is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
i think they're a bit ugly, but this is coming from osmeone who regularly uses a pair of steel toe timberland work books that have the laces tied permanently in a very loose fashion so i can use them as "slip-on" shoes.
That pretty much sums up my timberland work boots perfectly!

QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

ha! that's funny. actually the most comfortable shoes i ever had were colorado work boots kept int he same fashion...

man, i wish i could find those exact same boots again new. had to get rid of them when the heal cups started disintegrating.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Got a pair of 10 hole Red Wing boots on order. Custom measured to my foot and whatnot.

More money than I wanted to spend on boots, but as I've been told, I'll never have to buy another pair again.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
eric

been to red wing. nice place.

QUOTE Thanks
calenerd

calenerd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac

Hey what happened to my sandals talk LOL

The dark is passion, the light is logic.
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by calenerd View Post
Hey what happened to my sandals talk LOL
Only bad things happen to men in sandals.

Look at Ghandi.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek McNelly View Post
Only bad things happen to men in sandals.

Look at Ghandi.
and Christ.

I wouldn't wear em, but I can use all the toe protection I can get at the moment

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Jordanjez193

Jordanjez193 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.2 ghz, iPhone 3G, And g5 iMac

I think there UGLY personally.

the whole square design of them really makes me disgusted.

alternatives

you go the moccasins which are fun to where all the time and uber comfy
but might not want to be a shoe you where everyday, b/c will most likly will deteriorate the condition of the shoe.

top siders(boats) rather formal but go well with anything i think , I had a pair and wore them all the time.

Pumas currently have this shoe love it goes well with jeans and cargo shorts Comfy and stylish get many compliments from the lady's old and young which is kinda creepy*

Top siders(slip ons) look pretty cool and comfy and everday-ish

I dont know your style but think these are descent alternatives.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg digimarc.jpg (3.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 131510_639.jpg (9.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 1_83858_FS.jpg (23.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 125410_22.jpg (8.7 KB, 4 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

I think if they had plaid-ish or different colors, I'd wear 'em. From what I've seen on the site, I don't like the colors.. The style is cool in a weird way.
QUOTE Thanks
Mjc.americor

Mjc.americor will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz

I have 3 pairs of Sanuks and I love them.
They are nice on the beach and when you are in COLD northern Michigan weather, they still manage to keep your feet warm.

15.4" MacBook Pro Unibody
2.4GHz 4GB Ram and 500GB HD nVidia Geforce 9600
QUOTE Thanks
Khris

Khris has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD

I think they're hideous. Sorry.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Applecare on ebay | The Woz dancing »