New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Someone Gave Me a 20" iMac for Free!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mjc.americor

Mjc.americor will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz

Well guys, the title says it all!
I was working for a guy and he said that since I did such a good video editing job for him that he would give me an iMac.
He was good to his word. I got the iMac from him and Im restoring the HD on it right now. It only has a 250GB in it so I am trying to decide whether or not I want to put a 500GB internal in it or whether I should just use one of the externals that I have.
Just thought I would let you guys know how blessed I am.
I am adding to my Mac Collection

Alum imac
white iMac C2D
Alum MacBook, soon selling for 15" MacBook Pro!

15.4" MacBook Pro Unibody
2.4GHz 4GB Ram and 500GB HD nVidia Geforce 9600
QUOTE Thanks
dbnoise

dbnoise will become famous soon enough

Good deal, wish someone would give me a free mac! I'd just use an external hd, since swapping a new internal hd isn't as easy as it sounds, unless you were going to have someone else do it. But I'd still just use an external.
QUOTE Thanks
ADKhikerVW

ADKhikerVW is a jewel in the roughADKhikerVW is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4

Cool, someone else got a free Mac. I recently got a free Mac Pro!
QUOTE Thanks
Lankysean

Lankysean will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.8Ghz MBP

External drives are the way to go, I got 4 on my iMac totaling 2tb of external space and 320gb internal. Yay hard drives!
QUOTE Thanks
G3XOI

G3XOI is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM

Lucky! I wish I could get one for free xD.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

On the newer iMacs from the last iMac G5 to the recent ones, it's a pain to take it apart to get to the Hard Drive. I would also recommend using externals unless the internal dies down the line.

Also you did not say if it came with any Apple Care but taking the newer iMacs apart would void that also.

Great deal! The closest I have ever gotten is a Power Mac G4 Sawtooth for free.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

It's not free, you worked for it! So well done you, looks like the work was appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
airpilot

airpilot is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1

okay, if someone wants give me a mac, i wanna a macbook air. Cause i have an iMac 20 (latest white) and i very happy with it, so the Air is a good accessory.The Air is the best looking mac for me now. very attractive.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Wow.. Congrats! I hear about stuff like this happening to lots of people all of the time. I wish something would finally break for me and something like this would happen.
QUOTE Thanks
Mjc.americor

Mjc.americor will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz

Well thanks guys. I got a 1TB external that Im going to just plug into it.
Im glad that I have a firewire port again; these new MacBooks dont have firewire and its really a pain in the butt.
I just upgraded all of it and Installed iLife 09!
Its pretty much insane!

15.4" MacBook Pro Unibody
2.4GHz 4GB Ram and 500GB HD nVidia Geforce 9600
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Customer Support? | iCal pushes all my appointments back one day »