New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Why can't I buy a simple fan???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

So I like to sleep with a fan, but the one I've been using for 10 years finally died on me. So tonight I went to every major store in the area (Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Meijer, Target, Home Depot, Lowes) and not a single one had a simple floor fan to sell. All of them had the same reason: they're out of season. That just seems nutty to me. I can think of 50 reason to use a fan other than being hot.

So, if anyone know any other major, or not so major, chain stores that might sell a fan, please let me know. I won't get a good night of sleep until I find one!

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Oh, I'm totally the same way. I've had a fan in my bedroom since I was a teenager and can't imagine sleeping without it - even my wife has grown accustomed to it. So much so, that we were both relieved when we finally bought a house with ceiling fans in every bedroom.

I'm surprised that you're having so much trouble finding one. I've seen them in Target, but you said you've already looked there. I would try Bed Bath & Beyond too if you have those around your way.

If you lived closer, you'd be welcome to one of mine. I think we have three in the basement.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I know what you mean, it was impossible to find fans during the winter back when I was in NJ. Here in CA they're much more readily available.

I guess the only thing you can really do is buy it online.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

I found a Hawaiian Breeze desk fan at Target for 6 bucks. Great deal. However, since I live in WI and it is going to be 20 degrees below zero tonight I won't using it! I know what you mean though. When I first met my wife she could not believe how hard it was for me to sleep without a stinking fan.
QUOTE Thanks
gagnerants

gagnerants is a jewel in the roughgagnerants is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro

Try osh if there is one out your way.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

call a walgreens or whatever chain drug store in your area

never know what they may have sitting in the back

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
swick

swick is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15 - 2.8GHz - 320GB ATA 7200

Or Amazon.com

USN RET. “God, Country & Fast Boats.”
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I managed to resuscitate my old fan last night, but it probably won't work too many more times. I guess I'll try the drug stores tonight, but buying a cheap fan off the internet just seems to be too much. I guess that'll be a last ditch effort.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ISoldItOnEbay store | Republicans »