New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Gmail question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dinkjs

dinkjs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 13.3" 2.4 Ghz Stock

Just signed up for Gmail today and my question is.....I need a sub-category to keep emails in that have important info but I dont want to keep them with all the other emails.....how to do this???
QUOTE Thanks
torchy

torchy is a jewel in the roughtorchy is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.

If you use Gmail pop with Apples mail you can make as many mailboxes as you wish.
You can set up labels in Gmail itself to keep mail in groups if you use website access only.

~ 13" MacBook Air. OSX 10.9 ~ iPad 2 & iPhone ~
QUOTE Thanks
dabears34

dabears34 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4

On the left side of the screen is a menu that says "labels" click on edit labels. Then type in a name for the folder and you are set. Then to add to the folder simply check one of the emails and click the drop down menu that says "more options" on the top of the page. Then click the name of the folder you want it to go in. You can then find the emails by clicking the name of the "label" on the left side of your screen. Hope that helped but if thats not what you need pm me and ill see if I can help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration | Shocked at Apple selling second hand goods. »