New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

I'm concerned for I'm a PC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Chiliad

Chiliad is an unknown at this point

Cash rich Microsoft announced today that it's going to lay off a whopping 5,000 staff. (At the worst of all times for those trying to revive the economy. So much for patriotism.) Anyway, I'm concerned for I'm a PC. That would be sad if he goes - he tries so hard.

Your thoughts.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

So did IBM and Intel.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Just wait till NEW new old Vista crash'es and burns.
QUOTE Thanks
swick

swick is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15 - 2.8GHz - 320GB ATA 7200

And here I thought your concern was regarding the possible upcoming SAG strike? Yes, again.

USN RET. “God, Country & Fast Boats.”
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac SK View Post
Just wait till NEW new old Vista crash'es and burns.
Windows 7 is actually a very strong showing for Microsoft as it stands thus far. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

that's what I've heard.. I have yet to bother with a VM to beta it in though

mike
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute

It's definitely worth trying, they've got quite a few nice refinements, particularly with UAC.
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

Of course, we all know what our OS of choice will be I'm staying with Leopard no matter how good 7 is Maybe Snow Leopard as that sounds promising on disk saving
QUOTE Thanks
dabears34

dabears34 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4

7 looks good, I saw a video of it. It has a couple of Mac like features that im a fan of.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

Quote:
Originally Posted by scathe View Post
Of course, we all know what our OS of choice will be I'm staying with Leopard no matter how good 7 is Maybe Snow Leopard as that sounds promising on disk saving
Not me. I use whatever works best for me. If that's Windows 7, you can bet I'll switch back. Now, chances are it will mostly stay like it is at the moment and so there will be no compelling reason to switch (I can't even understand how Microsoft could sell refinements and UI improvements as a full OS upgrade, but I digress).

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Chiliad

Chiliad is an unknown at this point

Ohhh, if only I were looking for a "straight man" (...for a comedy act). :-)
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

CWA where is the loyalty?

Peronally I'll stick with OS X cause I know it has a nice future ahead of itself. But W7? I dunno where it will go in the future.
QUOTE Thanks
martyp

martyp is a jewel in the roughmartyp is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 15" Retina, 2.3GHz i7, 16Gb, 512Gb SSD, 750GT. iPhone 5S 64Gb Gold

Funny how Microsoft are struggling and Apple has just released the news they have had the best quarterly profit!

Linky to BBC article.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyp View Post
Funny how Microsoft are struggling and Apple has just released the news they have had the best quarterly profit!

Linky to BBC article.
Showing a profit, even exceeding expected earnings has little to do with layoffs...

mike
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
CWA where is the loyalty?

Peronally I'll stick with OS X cause I know it has a nice future ahead of itself. But W7? I dunno where it will go in the future.
Don't get me wrong, I love OS X. I just don't care for Apple hardware. I personally believe in function > form. Apple's hardware is very pretty and that's great, but I've grown weary of the sacrifices I have to make that wouldn't be necessary on a Dell.

If I could legally run OS X on a Dell XPS M1330, I wouldn't be typing this on an Apple machine right now

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Fedor vs Arlovski | IQ Test: Mac is to Lexus, as PC is to _____ »