New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Jeep Engine Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

milessthomas

milessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3

Okay I've got a 1991 cherokee with a rebuilt 4.0L L6.

I've also got a 1999 Grand Cherokee.

I want to put the rebuilt engine from the cherokee into the Grand Cherokee.

The 91 cherokee transfer case is busted and I don't want to deal with it, are the 1999 4.0L engines and the 1991 4.0L engines interchangeable?

QUOTE Thanks
dtx

dtx is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Aluminum MB, 2.0, 2gb ram, 320gb hdd

Jeep Forum - Jeep Enthusiast Network

probably will be more helpful.

-----
DTx
Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz
2GB RAM\320GB HDD
QUOTE Thanks
milessthomas

milessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3

Well, just asking here cause its not really important right away and we have a bunch of mechanics here I've talked to.

Thank you though dtx I'll check it out.

QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.1

Significant changes came about with the 1996 4.0L. You may wish to consider coring out the 1990 engine on a rebuilt 1999 4.0L. You will also need a new wiring system (with an early 1990's engine) as the injection, timing and induction systems are different as well. The components themselves would probably bolt up with some adaptors though.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
milessthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-linux View Post
Significant changes came about with the 1996 4.0L. You may wish to consider coring out the 1990 engine on a rebuilt 1999 4.0L. You will also need a new wiring system (with an early 1990's engine) as the injection, timing and induction systems are different as well. The components themselves would probably bolt up with some adaptors though.
Great Info XJ-linux. Much appreciated.

QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, the XJ in XJ-linux means Jeep XJ Cherokee

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Quote:
What's your opinion on the MJ?

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

MJ? Same thing, but a pickup bed

I really liked my old XJ, till I tore the unibody.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

I should change my name to JK-linux now as I traded the XJ for a JK when I moved to Minnesota. My only complaint is the lack of the I6 4.0 on the JK. The 3.8L is a minivan engine that just lacks the grunt of the old reliable I6.

QUOTE Thanks
milessthomas

Quote:
I got that one...

My license plate is "Jeep - XJ"

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Decide the fate of Asus laptop | Samsung vs. Sony TV Volume Control »