New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

skye

skye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-linux View Post
The same people elected them both: the American people. The elected position, POTUS in this case, is only as useful as the level of expectation and accountability we people place on the person in the elected position. If you think your job is over once you leave the ballot booth, you already have lost your elected official. You may as well go back to sleep for another 4 years and vote for change all over again. The President isn't as important as how closely the people hold the President responsible for doing what was promised. Just MHO.
you know, i argue for this but at some point you get jaded like the lump. i look around and see people who watch fox new and spew talking points like they actually know what they are saying, sheep following the herd and i get jaded by this majority that i think is just simply too stupid to want accountability in their government so the support hilarious cuts to our personal liberties like the FISA junk, the Patriot Act, and giving the Federal Reserve a blank check while letting them do what they want with it behind closed doors.

No accountability.

yah, im jaded.

Blog- My random musings as I document the spiritual changes I go through.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1st Corinithians 3:13
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skye View Post
you know, i argue for this but at some point you get jaded like the lump. i look around and see people who watch fox new and spew talking points like they actually know what they are saying, sheep following the herd and i get jaded by this majority that i think is just simply too stupid to want accountability in their government so the support hilarious cuts to our personal liberties like the FISA junk, the Patriot Act, and giving the Federal Reserve a blank check while letting them do what they want with it behind closed doors.

No accountability.

yah, im jaded.

What, so only those who watch Fox news are bad people who could care less? Are the viewers of CNN and MSNBC simply better people because they have a left leaning slant vice a right leaning slant? It cuts both ways and you may want to be careful how you classify people based on your perceptions. Not all of us who are more to the right are idiots, nor are all that are to the left.

As for the blank check, expect more of the same after today just on a larger scale. Accountability isn't just going to happen, not with the folks running Congress in charge. They'll simply pick and choose whom they want to hold accountable and whom they don't.

QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

baggss, i know you understand the concept of subsets, don't pretend like you don't.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

No, I understand but when one group is called out like they are the only ones, it tends to get offensive. Stupidity abounds everywhere but to allude that it is only one group is silly and short sighted. To be blunt, skye alluded to those on the right and more or less only those on the right. Frankly, I take offense to that.

QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

that was in response to my post, baggss, not skye's. you know, subsets:
everyone on the planet
\/
everyone in the us
\/
everyone who normally votes
\/
people who normally vote liberal

and so on.

maybe the post was a bit wordy, but i stand behind the logic.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Fun stuff

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
that was in response to my post, baggss, not skye's. you know, subsets:
everyone on the planet
\/
everyone in the us
\/
everyone who normally votes
\/
people who normally vote liberal

and so on.

maybe the post was a bit wordy, but i stand behind the logic.
Ah, gotcha.

QUOTE Thanks
skye

skye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
What, so only those who watch Fox news are bad people who could care less? Are the viewers of CNN and MSNBC simply better people because they have a left leaning slant vice a right leaning slant? It cuts both ways and you may want to be careful how you classify people based on your perceptions. Not all of us who are more to the right are idiots, nor are all that are to the left.

As for the blank check, expect more of the same after today just on a larger scale. Accountability isn't just going to happen, not with the folks running Congress in charge. They'll simply pick and choose whom they want to hold accountable and whom they don't.
the viewers of any MSM puppet who quote the talking points as if they were what they actually believed after doing their own research are the ones i am talking about.

sorry for any offense that seemed intended towards the right. i just chose FOX news because they are much more blatant in their political agenda while claiming to be fair and balanced.

we won't have more accountability until we have a revolution.

Blog- My random musings as I document the spiritual changes I go through.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1st Corinithians 3:13
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

I don't care what anyone says, this is an exciting time to be an american.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by skye View Post
sorry for any offense that seemed intended towards the right. i just chose FOX news because they are much more blatant in their political agenda while claiming to be fair and balanced.
As opposed to MSNBC which has no political slant at all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek McNelly View Post
I don't care what anyone says, this is an exciting time to be an american.
I disagree, but whatever. Enjoy!

QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute

As opposed to how dull it's been prior to this???

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
As opposed to MSNBC which has no political slant at all....
Looked like skye was referring more to Fox's hypocrisy rather than stating that Fox is the only one with political bias. Though it would seem as though skye has general disdain for all forms of mass media, so I'm not sure why you keep taking offense at what he's saying.

I just find it all hard to believe that Bush is finally gone. It's absolutely surreal.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

I find it sad that the whole ceremony was marred by people who were too immature to put aside the partisan rhetoric even for one day.

The boos and the childishness displayed towards the outgoing administration by the crowd at the ceremony were quite disgraceful. These are the same people who will proclamation "respect the office" now that Obama is in charge, but they themselves didn't have the maturity to display the respect for 1 day. Then again, these are the same types who removed all of the "W"s from the White House keyboards 8 years ago today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
I just find it all hard to believe that Bush is finally gone. It's absolutely surreal.
Sad.

QUOTE Thanks
Waterpolo820

Waterpolo820 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell

Quote:
I find it sad that the whole ceremony was marred by people who were too immature to put aside the partisan rhetoric even for one day.

The boos and the childishness displayed towards the outgoing administration by the crowd at the ceremony were quite disgraceful. These are the same people who will proclamation "respect the office" now that Obama is in charge, but they themselves didn't have the maturity to display the respect for 1 day. Then again, these are the same types who removed all of the "W"s from the White House keyboards 8 years ago today.
They are getting off easy if all they get is a couple of boos. i.e. War crimes..

"In a world full of ordinaries,
I will be extraordinary"
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

Inauguration is over so signing off of this thread. It's been fun as usual and best wishes to all. We now return you to your regularly scheduled bureaucracy, already in progress... Thanks all!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« finalized my Leopard/XP setup and thought i would share | Gmail question »