New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Got an anniversary present...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

For our one year anniversary, my girlfriend got me an engraved pocket watch.

The engraving translates to "Love of my heart".

I wasn't expecting any gift for our anniversary, but she apparently went out and bought this for me, which I thought was adorable. It's a nice watch, definitely not going to see daily use, but it goes great with my suits. I just wanted to share it, because it's really special to me, and it's something I keep really close to my heart.

That's all.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
jbarket

jbarket is on a distinguished road

I like how timeless the gift is (no pun intended). My wife and I tend to swap electronics on any occasion where we ought to swap things. Most of that stuff ends up on eBay or in forums some time later to fund the next latest and greatest, yet I still have (and deeply cherish) both of my grandfathers' pocket watches.

Very cool.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

That's a keeper. ^-^"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Hermolicious84

Hermolicious84 is on a distinguished road

An Irish Claddagh engraving for an Irish guy? I got my fiance a Claddagh ring years ago, and she still wears it every day. Beautiful!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Very nice Derek.

I only own pocket watches. Can't wear anything on my wrist like that. A wrist watch in south Texas is just a sweat band on your arm if you spend more time outside than in.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Arustik1

Arustik1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook 2.2GHz 160GB

Good man...I hope you really love her too!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is there any way to make my creation secured from getting ripped off? | Buying A Home »