New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Scam a Ebay scammer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ryanstech

If you have 20 minutes to read this you have to read it through, it's pretty long but only worth it if you get the whole story. The best part is that this guy had 3 people who were located where the scammer was to be sure the scam worked. He documents everything in great detail and includes his emails with the scammer. Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf thepowerbook.pdf (638.9 KB, 48 views)
QUOTE Thanks
mdavis71

mdavis71 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanstech
If you have 20 minutes to read this you have to read it through, it's pretty long but only worth it if you get the whole story. The best part is that this guy had 3 people who were located where the scammer was to be sure the scam worked. He documents everything in great detail and includes his emails with the scammer. Enjoy!
hey what is the website address to where the pics are? and did you ever get a email back?
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

http://www.p-p-p-powerbook.com/
QUOTE Thanks
CaptainMack

i read that all a while ago. its hilarious....
QUOTE Thanks
Ryanstech

I get such a kick out of the Windows key with the X through it and the apple key thing on there and the trash can on the "screen" where it says "This is Real" I wish they could have gotten a picture of this guy's reaction when he opened it up. LOL
QUOTE Thanks
evian

LOLLLL this is the best scam ever!!!!!!!!

I have a bit of an off topic question though. A friend of mine from the usa is gonna be sending me an ibook sometime soon. I got her to buy it from there and send it here because macs are cheaper in the states. I'm in London, u.k. I didn't know I would have to pay tax on top of it. What should I do? Anyone got any ideas? cheers.
QUOTE Thanks
Josh

That was funny. I wish there was more to the story, but I guess we aleady know whah happened. I bet that guy was so excited when he got the package. LOL

Evian, just tell your friend to put a very low value on it.
QUOTE Thanks
Ryanstech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
That was funny. I wish there was more to the story, but I guess we aleady know whah happened. I bet that guy was so excited when he got the package. LOL

Evian, just tell your friend to put a very low value on it.
The lower you make the value the more risk you take if it gets lost, I would contact your post office and see what the actual value will cost you. It may not be that bad
QUOTE Thanks
mdavis71

mdavis71 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook

have her ship it via UPS to you she can insure it for the full retal replacement value and when she sends it to you she can send it as a gift so the decalred value can be like 500 dollars. you in college if so teller to send it as a gift for college.
QUOTE Thanks
evian

thanks a lot for all the advice guys.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

yea, thats really funny, I read it last week at macin-talk.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How many GB or TB of space do you have in your household? | Super Bowl Commercials »