New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Don't buy into those FinallyFast.com commercials.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TheCustomer99

TheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

I guess I'm obliged to say, "I know I haven't been here in a while, and it's nice to post again," but now lets get to what I want to talk about.

So I just saw a commercial for this FinallyFast.com thing and it made my inner skeptic spring into action. I did a quick search of the forum and noticed that nobody had posted anything about them, so I figured I'd post. I checked them out and apparently it is a total scam that scans your computer and finds imaginary viruses, malware, and spyware and then prompts you to buy their product to "fix" a problem that never even existed in the first place. According to some of the sites I checked, the scanning program itself IS adware. Now, I know most of us here are Mac users and will never need to worry about our computers slowing down , but there are probably some Windows users here that might try something like FinallyFast.com. In the end, if you're fed up with a slow PC, don't buy into these scams, clean your PC the old fashioned way or, you know, get a Mac.

As a side note: Many of the computers in the commercial are Macs with the Apple logo covered and XP superimposed on the screen. I laughed pretty hard when one of the horrendously poor actors in the commercial got the blue screen of death on a Macbook.

"Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Ahh, but you missed their MacTuneUp, available for only $29.99

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I figured it was a scam. I saw the commercial one to many times last night and went there, I watched it scan my OSX for DLL's and Virus's. I was sort of depressed due to the flu and it made me laugh out loud.

Do remember one thing though, with Intel Macs, you can boot into Windows and it would look the same as Windows on PC hardware. So that Blue Screen really could have been on that Mac although I think the whole thing is fake like you said.
QUOTE Thanks
TheCustomer99

TheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Ahh, but you missed their MacTuneUp, available for only $29.99
That's funny especially considering that OnyX is free and does everything that claims to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Do remember one thing though, with Intel Macs, you can boot into Windows and it would look the same as Windows on PC hardware. So that Blue Screen really could have been on that Mac although I think the whole thing is fake like you said.
Yeah I know, but I think the commercial was using Macs as generic PCs. Perhaps to avoid dragging any real PC makers' names through the dirt when the class action suit is (hopefully) filed against the website.

"Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Agreed completely.

Oh and CWA, I will keep my $29 thank you!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Stairway to heaven. Backwards. | What Macs do you have? »